Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

9 hours ago, Hiphip said:

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99.

Netflix.

FUCK ME lol

Cheers :smokin:

We watched all 3 episodes last evening. What were the organisers thinking? Money of course. But to deny that there wasn't problems just goes to show what a bunch of Capitalist wankers they were. Of course Lang just swanned around with that smirk on his face like he did 40 years earlier. Me, me, me. I wonder how Elvis Costello got on playing to that lot?

• Like 1

Breeders - middle class parenting drama, bit like Outnumbered but harder edged. Very well written and acted. Quite raw at times.

The Queen's Gambit - makes chess exciting!

Moonhaven - social sci-fi that owes a lot to Aldous Huxley's Island. As hard sci-fi it is dire, but if you can swallow that, it is worth persevering with IMO. 

20 hours ago, McHazy said:

high hopes for this one :yep:

Looks nice enough but the script feels like it was written by the same people who rebooted Ghostbusters in 2016. lol  

The Boys is one of the best series I've seen for a while. Very satirical. 

Mandy is awesome too. Hilarious. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Lord Hightower lollollol I'm crying just picturing the image of Moses Hightower wearing a platinum blonde wig. lol There can be only one Hightower. 

RIP Bubba Smith. :notworthy:  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

Wasn't impressed with House of the Dragon :nea: it's gonna take more than the most bland Dr Who ever in a white wig being tediously petulant and the theme tune to Game of Thrones at the end lol

I'm not up to date on anything, cos I only get a streaming service occasionally (either when there's a cheap offer or on the rare occasion that there's something I want to watch on a particular platform - I know you can get everything free but I just can't be bothered buggering about lol ) but I'm currently watching The Witcher (cos I got a month of Netflix for Sandman, which I thought was a decent adaptation) and I'm enjoying it (never read the books, though, so I don't know how good an adaptation it is, I've only played the games).

• Like 1

I recently finished watching 'Grimm' on sky fy.

The acting is hammy,

it often feels like it was written for quite a young audience,

but with adult themes lol

For some "switch your brain off" entertainment it hit my mark.

Not sure yet what i think about 'Surreal Estate' on the same channel :) 

I'm about to start watching the 'Day of the Dead' series :v:

The new series of 'Alone' has just started on Histry and 'Naked and Afraid' on Discovry 

Atb

:yinyang:

MIKE about Mike Tyson's Life.  People just see a animal. I watched the first two episodes last night. I'm a Mike Tyson fan and loved it.

• Like 1