Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Dark Winds

Set in 1971 on a remote outpost of the Navajo Nation near Monument Valley,

Dark Winds follows Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn of the Tribal Police as he is besieged by a series of seemingly unrelated crimes.

First couple of episodes of this are out, good so far, think it's another short one, only six episodes.

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

One to avoid - The Midwich Cuckoos on Sky.

Shallow. Vapid. Facile. :yawn:

Just plain piss poor.

An even worse adaptation than the remake of Village of the Damned.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Currently watching Barry.

It's just so silly.

Loving it :D (I need a bit of silly at the moment lol )

The Old Man with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow.

2 episodes in and it's pretty decent for an espionage/thriller. 

:yep:

• Like 3

The Freak Brothers.  A not very cartoon based on the sometimes funny comic. They've taken all the funny bits and clumsily shoehorned them into a cartoon, then got some once famous celebrities who will work for scale to voice the characters, badly. lol  Idk, the cat is funny until it opens its mouth. 

I put Channel 5 on to give Halo a look, just cos it's on.

lol Fuck me, 20 minutes in and I doubt I'll bother to watch past the first advert break, it's absolute garbage lol

Maybe it will appeal to Halo fanboys (I've always thought it to be a massively overrated game series, not bothered playing more than a couple of hours of any of them on Game Pass), can't see it getting an audience with anyone else.

Edited by Boojum

The Bear

"A young chef from the fine dining world comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop after a heartbreaking death in his family."

Thought this was very good, whole season in the usual places.

:oldtoker: 

OK, it's an old one (I got Sky Entertainment on Now TV, 2 months for a quid, less than a month in and I've already run out of stuff I want to watch lol I enjoyed We Own This City, Landscapers, The Staircase, Mare of Easttown and Succession but there's fuck all else new on it that I'm interested in, Midwich Cuckoos was fucking awful, an insult to John Wyndham's original novel) so I went back to re-watch Ray Donovan (watched the first few series last time I got a cheap/free month lol ). I don't really like any of the characters apart from Terry and Bunchy. But I keep watching (I'm 3 series in now) cos I like Bunchy :) He's proper damaged but a nice bloke, unlike all the others (except Terry, perhaps). He kinda reminds me of me, I wasn't abused by a priest but I'm a bit broken and childlike, not able to deal with the world and that shit. A kid's mind in a man's body, not really able to cope with the real world.

E2A Sorry, I'm a bit drunk again :rolleyes:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

On 27/06/2022 at 7:13 AM, Saddam said:

Westworld season 4. :toot:  

Just watched second episode, seems to have found it's mojo again after a messy season 3.  Solid story, told without exposition, just letting it unfold via the narrative and action.  Very good so far.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly old one but I recently started watching The Good Wife All4. I confess I put the first episode on cos I was drunk & stoned and flicking through the drama section for something I hadn't watched yet and saw Julianna Margulies was in it and I've always had a thing for her :bag: but I got into it, now halfway through season 2.

• Like 1

Can recommend the first season of Severed , I think there is another in the pipeline. very different and enjoyable.

And an oldy but goldy Blake's 7 - Hadnt't seen it until a few years ago . Really enjoyed.

toki

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toki said:

And an oldy but goldy Blake's 7 - Hadnt't seen it until a few years ago . Really enjoyed.

One of my favourite endings to a series ever,

just so brilliantly, audaciously bleak :notworthy: I'm amazed the beeb let them end it on such a dark note.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

ne of my favourite endings to a series ever,

Hide contents

just so brilliantly, audaciouly bleak

:notworthy: I'm amazed the beeb let them end it on such a dark note.

Yep bleak is a word i'd use .. just loved it

toki