Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, Exhale said:

I have been watching Netflix production of Lost in Space, in to season 2 now and I've not thought "I'll try one more episode to give it time" it's been quite decent.

No Matt LeBlanc thank fuck.

Danger, Will Robinson, Dr Smith is a paedo lol

• Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

Dr Smith is a paedo lol

Played by a lady in the Netflix reboot. :) I thought the 3 seasons were pretty good overall. 

• Like 1

@Saddam Have you watched S3?

Totally agree with your 2019 comment on it. And, as an aside, have you every watched the documentary on Akira? It shows you HOW they made it look the way they did, with changing frame rates and 'white-out' frames and blurring/stuttering and parallax in the backgrounds - it's probably on YouTube and it's got a lot of commentary from the Studio and some Japanese cinema people, and Western views, too. Pretty cool. I'll see if I can find it.

@Saddam Have you watched S3?

Totally agree with your 2019 comment on it. And, as an aside, have you every watched the documentary on Akira? It shows you HOW they made it look the way they did, with changing frame rates and 'white-out' frames and blurring/stuttering and parallax in the backgrounds - it's probably on YouTube and it's got a lot of commentary from the Studio and some Japanese cinema people, and Western views, too. Pretty cool. I'll see if I can find it.

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

The Dr Smith character in the original series just creeped me out when I was a kid.

He was the best thing about the show, always giving the robot shit. lol  

• Like 3

The robot looked and moved a bit like the robot from Forbidden Planet (top film, The Tempest in space) cos they were designed by the same bloke (and the robot from Forbidden Planet made a couple of guest appearances in Lost in Space) :geek:

lol I know that cos I was waching summat the other day (Young Sheldon, I think, sounds right given the subject matter lol ) in which there's an argument between a Star Trek fan and a Lost in Space fan and someone says at least Star Trek didn't steal the robot from Forbidden Planet, so I just had to look it up lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

I'm currently watching Mare of Easttown. Started the other day but didn't really get into it so turned it off halfway through the first episode. Gave it another go today and I'm glad I did cos I'm up to episode 4 and really into it. Kate Winslet is (unsurprisingly) superb.

Robby was the better designed robot, you could see and the mechanical gearing inside his head. Must've weighed a tonne. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Exhale said:

@Keye it's on my to watch list, liked the sound of it (which to me was like the animatrix? all different stories with different art mediums, these were set in the world of the matrix obviously but showcased the best of animated producers at the time)

mid you like animation there is an animated set of “the boys” called diabolical. That was really good. The one with the kids who had powers so bad that their parents had to ditch them at a vaught orphanage so they decided to break out and go kill their parents was really good but they were all really good.

if it helps the Rick and morty lot made some of them

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1

So has anyone seen the ant man character walk into his boyfriends dick and sneeze yet.

your missing out massively if you haven’t watched the boys

• Like 1

I thought it was excellent. Seen reviews online comparing it (unfavourably) to The Wire but I don't really see it that way. It wasn't trying to be The Wire (unlike a lot of TV cop dramas made since The Wire have been), it was just made by most of the same people (and so had a similar look and feel, just like many writer/director partnerships in movies have a similar look and feel, it's like a band having a similar sound in all their tunes and shit, they're not trying to redo the same song over and over, that's just how they play). As a TV cop drama based on real events I think it was compelling. It's a nonsense comparison they are making :nea:

Both shows address the same issue - the catastrophic consequences of "the war on drugs", and the inability of the political system to do anything about it.

The similarities reflect the fact that little has changed in 20 years.

47 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Both shows address the same issue - the catastrophic consequences of "the war on drugs", and the inability of the political system to do anything about it.

The similarities reflect the fact that little has changed in 20 years.

In the same city , so it's not really surprising people would compare them