Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

As far as voice actors go, growing up when I did I remember the late night show (on around the same era as Prisoner and Get Stuffed) America's Top Ten presented by Casey Kasem. Battered my head when I discovered he also did the voice for Shaggy on Scooby Doo lol (and if you want a proper sordid headfuck tale about dysfunctional American entertainment families then the story of his body is pretty fucking depressing :sadwalk: ). lol Sorry I'm proper drunk & stoned off topic now :rolleyes: Just random shit comes into my head :rolleyes:

They're doing a TV version of Sandman.

Even though Neil Gaiman has been involved I'm still not comfortable with the whole idea.

It's my favourite work of fiction/fantasy ever, it's a fucking masterpiece.

I just don't want the TV version to be shit :sadwalk:

E2A The Doll's House (probably the best story, apart perhaps from The Kindly Ones), I mean really how are they gonna do that :unsure:

Edited by Boojum

Currently watching Succession. They are all utter cunts but credit to the writing that although I hate all of them I'm still compelled to watch.

Anyone seen the new season of the boys yet. It’s up to episode three.

I thought blowing an invisible guy up with a bomb they stuck up his arse was crazy. Then they rammed a speed boat into a blue whale in season two which stood out. I was wondering how they could beat it then ant man walks into a guys dick 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1

Just started watching We Own This City. Definitely got that The Wire feeling about it, you can tell it's from the same people (some familiar faces in the cast too).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Boojum said:

Just started watching We Own This City. Definitely got that The Wire feeling about it, you can tell it's from the same people (some familiar faces in the cast too).

Yes I'm watching that , it's pretty good , the cops are the biggest and best armed gang in town for sure

• Like 2

Anyone watched Billions ?

Started on it but only got up to episode 3 cos I just thought the writing isn't very good, the dialogue is really clunky (and the scene with blokey telling someone to pick dog shit up with his hands, I know is meant to be one of those character establishing scenes, but it's just fucking ludicrous), but the later series got better reviews than the first one so I'm wondering does the writing actually get better or should I just fuck it off completely.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

For All Mankind, the first episode of season 3 was pretty decent. :)  The show's set in an alternate reality where the space race between the USA and Russia never faltered and the cold war never ceased. It kinda jumps between times, some parts set in the 60s but right now (season 3)  it's the late 80s and both countries have orbital space stations and bases on the moon. 

Has anyone suggested 'Love, Death & Robots' on Netflix? 

Each episode is a different story and style of animation or combination of live action and animation. They're 10-20mins long each, great concepts most of them and really well done most of the time.

• Like 5

Imagine Philip K Dick wrote a slasher thriller - it might look something like Shining Girls.

Not exactly a bundle of laughs, but thought provoking.

On 17/03/2019 at 8:39 PM, Saddam said:

Love, Death and Robots. :eek:   A collection of short, robot-themed animated stories. Hard to put into words how amazing this show is, with different studios undertaking each episode, you never know what to expect. 

Some of the work is so well produced, it's almost like watching live video. :notworthy:  I remember when I first saw Akira and thought, how the fuck did they animate that?  This leaves you thinking the same, how the fuck did they do that? :notworthy:   

Unbelievable work, seriously. 

@Boojum I think it's right up your street, graphic novel anime with gore and adult themes.   lol   

@Keye :yep:  

• Like 2

@Keye it's on my to watch list, liked the sound of it (which to me was like the animatrix? all different stories with different art mediums, these were set in the world of the matrix obviously but showcased the best of animated producers at the time)

I have been watching Netflix production of Lost in Space, in to season 2 now and I've not thought "I'll try one more episode to give it time" it's been quite decent.

No Matt LeBlanc thank fuck.

• Like 1