Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Bobs Burgers.

Great little animated series , cleverly written and very subtle humour considering its American.

It's Mrs Pump's go to comfort show and I've grown to really appreciate it.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@Degsy the detectorists is great isn't it , really enjoyed it the three or four times I've watched it through.

The tizer ring pull bit breaks me every time and it's not even that funny really , it just feels right.

Just now, BilgePump said:

Bobs Burgers.

Great little animated series , cleverly written and very subtle humour considering its American.

It's Mrs Pump's go to comfort show and I've grown to really appreciate it.

I much prefer it to the likes of Family Guy and American Dad, it doesn't do the offensive just for the sake of it thing that a lot of 'comedy' nowadays does.

• Like 1

@Boojum I agree man , across like a dozen seasons you can count offensive words on one hand , it's just wholesome viewing , with burgers.

I like Louise, she brings a bit of devilment to proceedings without the need for gratuitous offensiveness :) I know they're totally different shows, but just the being offensive but it's not really offensive cos we're bing ironic schtick of Family Guy and American Dad has kinda worn a bit thin. And the labouring of jokes, I'm sure keeping a not very funny sequence in the first place going for ages, and ages, and ages seems conceptually amusing but mostly it's not actually funny, it's just annoying (but I guess it takes time up so you don't have to write as many jokes...). What was once fresh and new became stale and lazy, Family Guy and American Dad have become The Simpsons (which I loved right at the start, when it first came out, but now I absolutely loathe cos it's just so fucking smug).

• Like 1

I think it's one that grows on you, I didn't like it when I first watched it cos I was expecting something different, once I kinda worked out the, I dunno, the feel of the show I've got into it :)

E2A I think what my perception of Family Guy and American Dad is now is that they are both written by teams of writers who are writing stuff to amuse themselves, not stuff that's actually funny.

Edited by Boojum

Can't be doing with Robot Chicken, though :nea:

I don't mind hit and miss comedy as long as the hit ratio is high, but Robot Chicken is mostly misses with the very occasional hit, that's just not good comedy maths lol

Sorry, cider Saturday :rolleyes: But I guess boozed-up posting about stuff I like is better than going on about stuff I don't like lol

For me the daddy is South Park, consistently funny over a really long period, that's pretty good going :) And I love Rick and Morty, cos it's very funny (and appeals to my cynical side) and also really clever.

Just now, Satchitananda said:

I liked it when Archer made an appearance. 

In fact Archer itself is quite good.

Qouting myself now, I hope Owd doesn't see this. :)  

I liked it when Archer made an appearance. 

Wasn't that cos the guy who does Archer's voice is also the guy who does Bob's voice (and also does some voices in Family Guy/American Dad). Just Googled it yep H Jon Benjamin.

E2A I knew that Tina in Bob's Burgers was voiced by a man, kinda obvious, but I didn't realise until I looked it up that the mum is also voiced by a bloke :doh: (is it OK to say that now or am I being all middle-aged man gender insensitive and shit ? :unsure:lol )

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

Wasn't that cos the guy who does Archer's voice is also the guy who does Bob's voice (and also does some voices in Family Guy/American Dad). Just Googled it yep H John Benjamin.

Yea, and he doesn't change the voice even slightly for Bob or Archer, lol.

• Like 1

Yea, and he doesn't change the voice even slightly for Bob or Archer, lol.

Well if it works for Sean Connery... lol

• Like 1