Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, Exhale said:

@Boojum Red Rock was decent I'll have to give that a watch.

Not seen that, I'll give it a look. I think Scandinavia overtook us for police dramas ages ago (with the likes of The Bridge and The Killing - the UK remake of The Bridge was just fucking awful, though), seems most of the rest of Europe has too, we're still stuck in a certain kind of TV police drama that isn't really very good, only decent one of recent years was Line of Duty and the last series of that was shit :sadwalk: Luther can fuck right off cos that's just utter nonsense lol Walter Presents on the channel 4 streaming thingy often has stuff worth a look :)

• Like 1

Really enjoying The Pentaverate, shit is too serious these days so I like to wind down with nonsense sometimes, bit of python or something as silly, it's nice to have something new to watch that has that good old nonsense in it. Myers back with form :yep:

• Like 2

There's a new series of Inside Number 9 on at the moment. I'm kinda avoiding watching it cos it's only 2 episodes in and I prefer to binge-watch the lot (with a few ciders lol ). It's been a very hit-and-miss series, some of the episodes are proper duds but I really don't mind that, cos some of them are absolute twisted genius :D I'd rather one or two not very good ones then a really fucking good one than just a whole series of mediocre lol

• Like 2

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds -   If this lot are the brightest and the best of humanity, the rest of the population must be full retard.

After watching The Expanse you'd have thought that they would have realised just how shit the Star Trek universe is and just given it up as a bad job.

E2A Never quite understood its popularity (especially among geeks), the first series was utter arse and fat Shat is one of the (pause where there shouldn't be a pause) worst actors (pause where there shouldn't be a pause) ever lol Only bit onf any of the series I really liked was the Dominion war plot in Deep Space Nine (but they kept interrupting it with arse gravy about the bloody Holodeck or some such shite).

Edited by Boojum

Night Sky - J.K. Simmons and Sissy Spacek star in this interesting but kinda weird sci-fi, it's getting better by the episode. I only started watching because Mr Simmons is in it, I think he's woefully underrated as an actor. :(   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

I'm watching the Detectorists again , it's quite hard to explain the appeal really but it's just

a really enjoyable English comedy and it's got Toby Jones in who I think is great

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Obi-Wan Kenobi.  It's somewhere between fucking awful and fucking shameful. :(   

TBH, it looks flat and boring just from the adverts for it, I never really got with Ewan Mcwhatshischops playing Alex Guiness playing Obi-Wan thing anyway. After he shiteshower that was the Book of Boba, you would think that Disney would have upped its game and finally did something good with the franchise,  I guess they don't have too, as any old shite seems to sell.

Josh Gate's Expedition Unknown and Expedition X are back on download sites so thats good, especially Expedition Unknown as its less bollox and more finding old shit, Nazi tunnels in Poland this week!

On 20/05/2022 at 5:26 PM, Saddam said:

Night Sky - J.K. Simmons and Sissy Spacek star in this interesting but kinda weird sci-fi, it's getting better by the episode. I only started watching because Mr Simmons is in it, I think he's woefully underrated as an actor. :(   

I was so glad when Whiplash got awards showered on it and he finally got the recognition he deserved, been a fan of his since his terrifying portrayal of Vernon Schillinger in Oz and his recurring role as the psychiatrist Dr Skoda in Law and Order :) And IMHO Sissy Spacek is massively underrated too, the original version of Carrie wouldn't be anywere near the film it is without her heartbreaking performance and she was utterly brilliant in Badlands (very underrated/unknown film, highly recommended if you've not seen it, way better than Natural Born Killers, which trod similar ground, and Bonny & Clyde). I'll give Night Sky a look :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

+1 for Night Sky - my Mrs doesn't normally get into Sci-Fi because (let's be honest) most of it is shit - Night Sky and The Expanse though are exceptions, and I can get her to watch anything with J.K. Simmons in it.

Started watching Succession cos I got a Now TV £1 for 2 months offer lol

Only a few episodes in, quite enjoying it, it's like King Lear except Lear is fucking with everyone lol

El marginal - Argentinian prison drama, 

We own this city - Baltimore gun task force from The Wire chap

Thought both were very good,

Also enjoying TEHRAN, The Boys s3, weekly drops :thumbdown:

:oldtoker: