Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, Degsy said:

Better Call Saul final season , netflix are fucking with us though

watched first 2 episodes waiting for tuesday :yep:

• Like 1

Catherine Tate channels the spirit of Prisoner Cellblock H perfectly in Hard Cell.

Get past the first episode and it's hilarious.

On 30/01/2022 at 5:56 PM, Larry Badgeley said:

Watched all of series 4 of Ozark. :unsure:

The last 7 episodes of season 4 were uploaded last night. :yep:  

Halo is pretty good so far, it's a bit cheesy but so was the game. lol 

The Offer - Miniseries based on the production of  Francis Ford Coppola's Godfather film. It's fucking awesome so far. :notworthy:  

Man Who Fell to Earth - Series based on the 1976 film.  Chiwetel Ejiofor, Bill Nighy, and Naomie Harris star in an amazing first episode. :notworthy:   

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of the spy genre but Slow Horses is above average thanks in large part to Gary Oldman's performance as a sleazy veteran.

• Like 1

Strange New Worlds. :wub:    I really enjoyed the first episode, pays a lot of service to TOS and I have to admit that the Enterprise looks fucking amazing, as do all the rebooted crew members. After giving up on STD and Picard, I wasn't expecting much but this has blown me away. The score is great too, I think a lot of Star Trek fans will finally be happy about a Star Trek series. 

• Like 1

The Pentaverate. lol   Written by Mike Myers and starring Mike Myers playing lots of characters. Like Austin Powers, it's a pretty stupid irreverent comedy but a few lines made me laugh. I've only watched the first episode but will stick with it to see where it goes. :)       

• Like 1

I've been watching Forged in Fire. Strange for a pacifist to be watching a programme about making weapons lol but I'm fascinated by watching craftsmen (or do we say craftspersons now ? :unsure: ) at work. It's kinda like why I love watching Masterchef (I prefer the professional one), though I watch that with a more educated eye cos I've worked in professional kitchens. It's just watching a skilled person making something, there's something about it that I just really enjoy :)

E2A And when stoned the ultimate for that is the late, great Bob Ross' Joy of Painting, it has all the thing of watching a skilled person produce something coupled with his cheerful, chilled out narration :D just perfect stoner viewing :D I think someone should do a study on the effect of The Joy of Painting and a nice cuppa tea on someone having a bad trip, I reckon it would bring them right out of it lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

On 29/04/2022 at 5:46 PM, Saddam said:

Man Who Fell to Earth - Series based on the 1976 film.  Chiwetel Ejiofor, Bill Nighy, and Naomie Harris star in an amazing first episode.

wtf did i just watch? lol

i loved it, but it was fucking insane, just downloading ep 2 :)

• Like 1

On 07/05/2022 at 6:59 PM, ratdog said:

wtf did i just watch? lol

It's fucking beautiful man, some of the scenes are so well put together. Fair play to Alex Kurtzman. :)  Episode 3 went up yesterday if you haven't already seen it. 

• Like 1

Anyone seen Money Heist on Netflix? 

Best series I’ve ever watched. I can’t even describe it. Bank heists, manipulating the police, entire government and always being 5 steps ahead... all planned by a real intelligent nerdy fella that hires criminals on the run with nothing to live for for the job. 

Gutted when the last series ended. 

• Like 2

Prison break, Breaking Bad, Squid game is very good. 

The 100 on prime video.. after generations living in a space station in the atmosphere above earth due to radiation, 100 people are chosen to return to earth to see if it’s safe. Communications to the “Ark” (space shuttle) went down during landing, and they are left to survive by themselves. Really good 

21 hours ago, Saddam said:

It's fucking beautiful man, some of the scenes are so well put together. Fair play to Alex Kurtzman. :)  Episode 3 went up yesterday if you haven't already seen it. 

i loved the first ep mate, a brilliant performance and pretty funny/jaw dropping at times

been very busy so haven't watched more yet but have them on the hd :)

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:07 PM, Saddam said:

The Pentaverate. lol   Written by Mike Myers and starring Mike Myers playing lots of characters. Like Austin Powers, it's a pretty stupid irreverent comedy but a few lines made me laugh. I've only watched the first episode but will stick with it to see where it goes. :)       

Just started watching, It's pretty good :D

• Like 1

Been watching Hidden on the BBC iPlayer. Police drama set in North Wales originally broadcast on S4C (it's in English and Welsh). It's not exactly a cheerful watch lol but I think it's a lot better than most of the cliche'd English police dramas around at the moment, more real, more about community and people rather than the lurid, voyeuristic serial killings and terrorist nonsense and badly written shite that seems to have become the norm.