Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 29/03/2022 at 1:25 PM, Whatwentwrong said:

Has anyone been watching “From”. It’s kind of a Stephen king type horror show but it’s pretty decent. I don’t watch horror shit normally but it’s ok. It’s kind of like lost but with evil creatures that like to eat people.

Watched it based on the lost comparison. It’s pretty good. Think I’m caught up now on episode 8. Was fast forwarding last couple of eps to get to more storyline as to find out what’s going on rather than character stories. 

like lost feel like it will be hard to explain it and they could drag it on for a few seasons. 

I find I get inticed in these shows as I see the universe they created then wonder how tf they going to justify this. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, B0bbyBuds said:

like lost feel like it will be hard to explain it and they could drag it on for a few seasons

youd have hoped they’d learned their lesson about trying to drag the shows out just because it’s popular and not because they had a story to tell.

it shows two episodes left in the season. The last one told the back story of the guy from lost and the weird stones. 

there isn’t much on at the minute and I put it on out of shear boredom at first. I thought I may as well try it and it was a bit slow until the mum and little girl had their throats eaten by grandma and then I watched the rest. I give you it may be a difficult story line to progress but you never know.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1

On 20/03/2022 at 9:18 AM, Keye said:

Mr. Inbetween:

On 29/03/2022 at 5:41 PM, Saddam said:

The last days of Ptolemy Grey.

both these are very good so far, thanks

• Like 2

On 29/03/2022 at 5:42 PM, Boojum said:

I've got that on my 'to watch' list either when Netlfix gives me another 'trial' (they seem to do it once you've not subscribed for 6 months or so, even if your last 'subscription' was a trial lol ) or if I can be arsed buggering about with Kodi to find it  lol

They never give me free trials , luckily there are other ways to watch stuff on the internet

14 hours ago, Keye said:

Glad to hear it! (Phew!) The three seasons go together really well, I think.

it's pretty full on isn't it, but sweet and funny

the bit where he's asked what his 8yo daughter is into, "unicorns....and extortion, she takes money for swearing, but it goes straight into her pocket" lol

• Like 1

Boys from the black stuff on 7 day free trial on britbox

some of you podgy well kept millennials are about to get a short sharp shock lol 

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Joolz said:

some of you podgy well kept millennials are about to get a short sharp shock lol 

Yozzer Hughes lol

Giz a job.

Go on, giz it.

The headbutt has always had various names, often the .... kiss (the .... regionally dependent, in plastic scally land where I grew up, with my scouse grandparents, I learned the name as the Kirby kiss) but after the Boys from the black stuff it was always known as the yozz lol

Remember at school in playground fights someone would always shout "Go on, Yozz him." lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

I don't mean to take the piss out of Yozzer, I was a kid when I first saw it, didn't realise the social commentary and stuff. How tragic a person his character is and the situation they are all in and stuff :sadwalk: Seen it since and I understand it now. It's funny how you watch things when you're a kid that are about more than you realised, and then you watch them again as an adult and it blows your mind, it's just completely different cos you're looking at it with older eyes that can understand what it's really about.

• Like 3

Landscapers with Olivia Coleman and David Thewlis.

binged all four episodes over the last two nights. So good. The story is moderately interesting but the acting is brilliant and the cinematography is just beautiful. Some of the set pieces are so clever and brilliantly executed.

(plus it has a cameo from Jason Williams of sleaford mods lol)

would thoroughly recommend.

Edited by Cursed

On 02/04/2022 at 11:35 PM, Joolz said:

Mates dad played shake hands in that series 

• Like 1