Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

3 hours ago, Dodgee said:

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to cast Tom short arse Cruise as a character who is meant to stand 6'4 but they need a dry slap lol 

Tom Cruise. Skydance bought the rights to Reacher, then tiny tom said he would play him. Lee Child was asked about that and he replied "Cruise has a prescence".

Really enjoyed the series, binged it. Hopefully they will make a lot more, each book is worthy. (Must add, Lee Childs style of writting is not everyones cup of tea but the series was very true to the book which can only be a good thing).

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hiphip said:

Skydance bought the rights to Reacher, then tiny tom said he would play him. Lee Child was asked about that and he replied "Cruise has a prescence"

My brother told me that at the time, before the film was even finished/released and I was surprised and more than a little disappointed Lee Child had allowed it tbh. 

Reachers colossal size is a big (no pun intended) part of his character. It plays into many aspects of each books storyline and to try and ignore it on screen seemed stupid to me. 

I can only assume that as with all things Hollywood the money did the talking.. 

9 minutes ago, Hiphip said:

Hopefully they will make a lot more, each book is worthy.

Absolutely.   According to my little brother (another big fan since I lent him his first one to try) a second series has already been agreed but as yet no clues on which book it will be based on.  

11 minutes ago, Hiphip said:

the series was very true to the book

Again completely agree, I said to my nipper it was actually quite impressive how close to the book they kept it. A really refreshing change to the way Hollywood usually butchers a quality novel. 

It's not essential because of how each book is written but it would be nice if they followed sequentially as the books (mostly) did. 

I know Lee Child isn't everyone's cup of tea but the Reacher series is up there in my favourite reads list.  I wouldn't wanna have to choose a particular favourite out of them because as you said, every one is worthy of the big screen tbh. 

ATB 

• Like 2

On 13/02/2022 at 2:23 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

started watching Oz

its a really good binge watch lol

On 10/02/2022 at 6:39 PM, Boojum said:

I just thought the pretty boy playing Uhtred was badly miscast

Haven't read the books, but "the pretty boy playing Uhtred " who couldn't muster more than bum fluff on his chin was always playing on my mind as I watched it lol as was the faux Dane accent, but I enjoyed it none the less

• Like 3

I'm about halfway through Mrs America and enjoying it. Dunno how accurate it is, but the script and cast are both excellent.

E2A Top soundtrack too :)

Edited by Boojum

Vikings: Valhalla on netflix

from the same team that gave us Vikings, set 100 or so years on, just about to fire up episode 3 so can't be that bad lol

• Like 1

Severance

The employees of a sinister corporation have their memories of their workplace selves and their outside work selves completely severed.

Slow paced but stylish. 3 episodes in and I'm still engaged.

the last air bender, seen it about for years and just thought what a stupid title, it's actually pretty good. i'm 2 episodes in and glad i started it now.

Drunk and bored and started watching The Holiday on the Channel 5 on demand thingy.

10 minutes in and I fucking hate it already lol

A load of boring middle class wankers on holiday. I don't care who gets killed or why. I hope they all die.

Fucking arse gravy.

E2A Sorry, a shitty mood has descended over me :doh: Fucking bipolar mood swings :headpain:

Edited by Boojum

Just now, Boojum said:

Drunk and bored and started watching The Holiday on the Channel 5 on demand thingy.

10 minutes in and I fucking hate it already lol

A load of boring middle class wankers on holiday. I don't care who gets killed or why. I hope they all die.

Fucking arse gravy.

E2A Sorry, a shitty mood has descended over me :doh: Fucking bipolar mood swings :headpain:

take a deep breathe sit back + relax + most of all do not panic lol  i watched that i was glued to the screen,but there again i`m, a big fan of emerdale farm + corrie......  for tea i had egg + chips 2 doorsteps to fill the gap. :beer:

• Like 1

Just now, thekingofobsolete said:

take a deep breathe sit back + relax + most of all do not panic lol  i watched that i was glued to the screen,but there again i`m, a big fan of emerdale farm + corrie......  for tea i had egg + chips 2 doorsteps to fill the gap. :beer:

I just flipped into a really shitty mood just as I started watching it :doh:

My wonky head just does that sometimes, total mood swing for no reason :rolleyes:

A spliff and another cider is what Dr Boojum orders for the patient Mr Boojum lol

• Like 4