Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

11 hours ago, KC said:

I couldn't stand to watch him before that. Didn't realise there was a third series out, probably binge watch it one night.

I always hated him and then one day it dawned on me that I'd never watched anything of his lol

I used to see him getting hyped in the media so automatically gave him a wide berth, which is kind of my default, and why I've never seen ET,  Star Wars, Star Trek movies (insert endless list of hyped up stuff)

and then I watched the first season of afterlife

now I think I've pretty much caught up with everything he's done, and I retract my initial perception lol 

• Like 6

"My Octopus Teacher"

Netflix.

Lovely programme, really lovely. Some burned out bloke [who, of course, happens to make films] that retreats to the ocean, daily, and forms a relationship with a wild octopus.

For good half an hour afterwards I couldn't have eaten one. It's that good. Thought provoking.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 4

We're a couple in on the new Series of Afterlife. We both love it so will finish it off this week. Watched all of series 4 of Ozark. :unsure:. Whilst we got on with the first 3 series, I reckon they will stretch it out for another. A mistake if they do. It will get far too ridiculous. Like Dexter.

24 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

We're a couple in on the new Series of Afterlife.

Love it, we watched the first couple this afternoon, certainly lives up to the first two series.

The new miserable bitch in the office is a class addition to the cast...:rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

The Millennium series (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Kicked The Hornet's Nest & Played With Fire) is on the BBC iPlayer at the moment. Expanded versions of the original Swedish movies. So much better than the Hollywood movie versions.

The books were better (obviously) but Noomi Rapace IS Lisbeth Salander :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 11:48 PM, Joolz said:

The Last Kingdom

Loved the books, gave up on the TV series mainly because I just thought the pretty boy playing Uhtred was badly miscast.

Seems like everyone had the opposite view on the afterlife lol 

started watching Oz. Watched one season so far. It’s pretty long but interesting and lots of different stories going on. A lot of familiar faces. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

started watching Oz. Watched one season so far. It’s pretty long but interesting and lots of different stories going on. A lot of familiar faces. 

I remember J K Simmons really making an impression on me in Oz as the neo-Nazi leader, one of the nastiest, scariest cunts in TV :fear: long before he (deservedly) won an oscar for Whiplash. Top actor :) (also thought he was good as Dr Skoda in Law and Order, but that means I've got to confess I'm a Law and Order Fan - NOT any of the ridiculous spin-offs, just the classic with Jerry Orbach as Lennie Briscoe and Sam Waterston as Jack McCoy).

I'm currently watching The Promise on the iPlayer. French crime drama, I'm up to episode 3 and enjoying it (well enjoying is the wrong word, you don't enjoy dramas about abducted kids but you know what I mean, engaged by it or whatever).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

On 23/01/2022 at 11:20 PM, Joolz said:

actualy its worth a watch just to see Richard Earl Thomas aka John-Boy Walton

I saw him in a film a few weeks ago, I may have shouted 'Eureka, it's John-Boy' when I realised where I knew him from, much to the bemusement of Mrs Woody.

I binged Reacher on prime the other night. 

I enjoyed it, the plot stuck to the book and the actor who played the lead was a much better casting than in the film. 

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to cast Tom short arse Cruise as a character who is meant to stand 6'4 but they need a dry slap lol 

A good watch for any Lee Child fans anyway.

Looking forward to the next series now :yep:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dodgee said:

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to cast Tom short arse Cruise as a character who is meant to stand 6'4 but they need a dry slap lol 

I'm not really a fan of Family Guy but Tiny Tom Cruise makes me laugh :)

• Like 2