Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

9 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I dunno if the fault is with the source material or the adaptation, but it's just so cliche'd 'high fantasy' it's almost a parody.

I hear you mate.  I suppose that's the conundrum faced by TV adaptations nowadays.   That being catering to an audience that perhaps expects a rollercoaster ride with content being condensed to a point whereby the dopamine hits have to come in relatively quick succession, as opposed to the ore natural flow a series of books will tend to follow.

TV execs want clicks at the end of the day because that's what pays the bills and if there's not enough action, sex included on a regular basis etc. then the competition may well take the ratings instead. 

I watched the first new episode of the new series yesterday, but never enjoyed it because I can hardly remember what happened in the last series ! I think I will hang off and binge-watch the whole new series after a catch-up of the last one.

Edited by bill cooper
  • Like 1

Just now, bill cooper said:

I watched the first new episode of the new series yesterday, but never enjoyed it because I can hardly remember what happened in the last series ! I think I will hang off and binge-watch the whole new series after a catch of the last one.

Aye, I'm giving some serious consideration to binge re-watching the whole thing from the start lol I've got Amazon Prime free for another 28 days lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

Fuck it, just re-started the first episode :D That's my viewing sorted until New Year lol (the good thing about binge-watching stuff when drunk and stoned is you can watch it again and enjoy it almost as much as watching it new, cos you've forgotten most of it lollollol )

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

I'm watching The Larry Sanders Show for perhaps the fifth time in last two years, it just gets better and better.  The writing is tight and superb.  Stand out performances, Rip Torn as Artie, for me the most sympathetic character and the wonderfully hateful Hank by Jeffrey Tambor.  "Fuckers, those fuckers"

Edited by Hir
  • Like 2

off the back of my brother sending my bob's biog, he also recommended the tv show he did with Paul Whitehouse, i wasn't really a fan of paul tbh but after watching 4 eps of 'gone fishing' i've warmed to him, it's very funny and heart-warming which is good considering the reason they are doing the show!

8/10 for the first season so far, there are 4 seasons i think so i'm looking forward to chilling with that in the coming weeks, makes me want to go fishing again too

I thoroughly enjoyed the series Fleabag, thought it was superb :) Got a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime and there's a film of her one woman stage show based on the same character (and also called Fleabag) which I'm watching and enjoying now :) I think Phoebe Waller-Bridge is SO fucking talented :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

i watched the first episode of after life last night, had me pissing myself, stunning show from gervais, not something i ever thought i would find myself saying, looking forward to the rest

was surprised to see a few "cunts" in there early on too lol

• Like 3

@ratdog When you've finished watching look up the out-takes / gag-reel stuff as I never get tired of watching Ricky laugh out loud and lose his shit. Plenty of effing and jeffing in those out takes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ratdog said:

after life

Watched about 4 eps this week, first ep was the peak so far. 

Watched Godfather of Harlem, thought it was really good. Pretty good actors too.