Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, Boojum said:

Aw man, I'd assumed that you'd read them.

You're in for a treat :)

Start with The Blade Itself

I've not been reading much past few years, but these look great cheers!

1 minute ago, Bonga said:

I've not been reading much past few years, but these look great cheers!

They are :)

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did :)

Logen Ninefingers/the Bloody Nine, Inquisitor Glokta, The First of the Magi Bayaz, The Dogman etc are some of the best characters ever  :)

Superb books :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Watched Dublin Murders on iPlayer. There's lots of bits I could pick holes in (not least taking two books and making one story out of them, they should have made 2 series - be a bit of a spoiler to say more than that). But apart from that I think it was a compellingly dark (and darkly compelling) thriller.

• 3 weeks later...

Mayor of Kingstown

For all mankind

Bill Burr Immoral Compass (shorts)

Mrs C. Is enjoying Yellowjackets.

First episode of Witcher is up.

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

I'm currently 4 episodes in to season two of Narcos Mexico, I didn't watch the first Narcos (the Colombian one) but I'm fucking loving this. Fast paced gangster shit, fully entertaining every episode.

I probably wouldn't rely on it for total historic accuracy but that's not why I'm watching it, it's not a documentary lol

On a completely different note I'm also a couple of episodes from the end of Castlevania on Netflix. A mate recommended it and it's a great vampire animation which generally isn't my sort of thing but it has good characters and a good story line of double crossing and ancient feuds etc. coupled with real gruesome violence lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first epsiode of Wheel of Time. Terrible script, piss poor acting and laughably bad GCI monsters (Trollocs - well they're almost right lol ). Game of Thrones it ain't lol (well, maybe final season Game of Thrones :ouch:lol )

Edited by Boojum

@Boojum

I thought the same on the first episode bud.  It get's better though in my view and binge watched the lot over the last couple of days. 

Not read the books though so coming at it from a new pair of eyes rather than after reading the novels (which are always superior to dramatisations I reckon).

• Like 1

Really tried to get into it, watched another couple of episodes but it's just not very good. I read the first book when it first came out but to be brutally honest I can't remember it at all (I've read so much fantasy that it all kinda becomes a blur lol it's only the really good stuff that stands out in my memory), so I dunno if the fault is with the source material or the adaptation, but it's just so cliche'd 'high fantasy' it's almost a parody. Gave up on it, I've got another free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime cos they've got all today's footy, started watching Sneaky Pete (I know it's old, but I don't watch much telly, just kinda binge-watch random stuff when I stumble across it lol) which I'm finding a lot more watchable :)

• Like 1

Just now, bill cooper said:

The new series of the expanse is on Prime. :yep: 

Aye, I spotted that :) Saving starting it until all the episodes are available so I can binge the lot lol Brilliant show, IMHO one of the best sci-fi series ever :) I binged all the previous seasons in about a week last time I had a 30 day free trial lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

Saving starting it until all the episodes are available so I can binge the lot lol

Definitely, 

to hell with waiting each week for the next episode :D

Just started watching Sense8 on Netflix ;)

Atb 

:yinyang:

I first started watching The Expanse cos of a recommendation in this thread :D I hope the person who recommend it forgives me that I can't remember who it was, but I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday lol it's nothing personal lol but whoever it was thank you :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3