Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

18 hours ago, Saddam said:

Did you know that the piccolo theme music actually spells out Some Mothers Do Ave Em in morse code?

No, I did not.

7 hours ago, Degsy said:

Chernobyl 

Good choice, it's probably one of the most powerful and historically accurate dramas I've ever seen, and it pulls no punches. :( 

I've been rattling through the original Twilight Zone episodes again, some of the stories are brilliant.  

• Like 6

Anybody watched Happy! on Netflix? It lies somewhere between Ash V The Evil Dead and Gotham, loads of dark twisted characters and warped story lines. Took me a while to get passed the cartoon unicorn but once I did I was hooked. 

If anyone has any recommendations for other tv shows like Happy!, Ash v Evil Dead or Stan Against Evil I would love to hear them. all these shows were cancelled too early in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 14/11/2021 at 3:56 PM, Shogun said:

Anybody watched Happy! on Netflix? It lies somewhere between Ash V The Evil Dead and Gotham, loads of dark twisted characters and warped story lines. Took me a while to get passed the cartoon unicorn but once I did I was hooked. 

the first season of happy was epic but I didn’t enjoy the second. Couldn’t get past a few episodes.

have you watched the boys? Two season of pure ridiculousness there if you haven’t.

@Saddam there’s a new animation on, blade runner: Black lotus. Seems decent so far. Although I’m not 100% on what the story line is at the minute. Androids fighting is all I have now. If I can get stoned enough later to sit still I’ll give it another try as it does seem worth it. Proper actors for the voice cast.

• Like 1

The new season of star trek is terrible. The actor playing burn ham is just shit.

cowboy bebop seems interesting. It got slatted like but I like it so far.

As series 3 is airing each week the only TV series I'm watching at the moment is Succession. Some episodes have felt like a dip quality but overall it's still very good. 

Wheel of time just started on Amazon first 3 episodes aired thrus... this is Robert Jordans 14 book epic fantasy I've been waiting for years for this and so glad Amazon took it on as I'm pretty sure Bezos wants his own Lord of the Rings/Game of thrones epic fantasy and will spend the big bucks needed for this.

Edited by Bonga
  • Like 1

I think Bezos has been quoted as saying he wanted his own Game of Thrones (even though he didn't like it, he saw how many viewers it got), he didn't care what the source material was, he just wanted something similar to tap into that audience.

E2A I don't really see Wheel of Time as the same thing, though, it's more old-school 'High Fantasy' than Game of Thrones was (GoT was influenced by Grimdark type fantasy), and may not appeal to the same broader fanbase (it will appeal to fantasy fans, but maybe not to the non fantasy fans that ended up tuning in to Game of Thrones). IMHO the fantasy series that one of the big streaming companies needs to buy the rights to is Joe Abercrombie's brilliant First Law trilogy, the standalone books that came after and his latest continuation the Age of Madness trilogy. Not only because they are probably my favourite fantasy novels (shit, they're some of the best novels I've read for a long, long time), but because I think they would translate well to TV if done properly, it's dark satire and social commentary on our fucked-up world as much as fantasy (it certainly isn't Tolkeinish high fantasy, I think we've gone past that to be honest).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Currently watching Showtrial on iPlayer. Didn't really get into it at the start cos I didn't like any of the characters (and Talitha especially) but kept watching and I'm up to the start of episode 5 now and really enjoying it :)

1 hour ago, Newcouch said:

I am getting on quite well with wheel of time. Just don't compare it to got or lor. It's neither.

Of course its not, Im just saying bezos wanted his own epic fantasy :) If done right then yes it could be epic.. I hope so :)

@Boojum

On 20/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, Boojum said:

Joe Abercrombie's brilliant First Law trilogy

cheers will check it out  :bong:

Edited by Bonga
  • Like 2

Just now, Bonga said:

cheers will check it out  :bong:

Aw man, I'd assumed that you'd read them.

You're in for a treat :)

Start with The Blade Itself

Edited by Boojum