Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Rectify

season 2 premiered last night. its a slow burner about a man who gets off a death row sentence through a technicality 20 years down the road and moves back to his home town. its really interesting and is manly character driven.

not got any real frequency of violence nor any gore it just plods along but it does it so well and with just enough darkness to keep me enthralled. i haven't watched the new episode yet as i'm not really in a head place where i can watch a tv show but im looking forward to sitting down and getting my teeth into another season.

i didnt know this but it looks like they might be showing this on terrestrial tv in the first frames of this trailer are anything to go by

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

The recent Fargo tv series is a must watch for anyone who enjoyed the film. It was brilliant.

And if you haven't seen the film, you probably should.
  • Like 3

Just finished season 1 of Orange is the New Black. I thought it was excellent (having initially not thought much of the opening episode) - highly recommended :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Reruns of Bergerac..... I've been enjoying them lately :bag:

John Nettles went through a difficult phase with his health in later episodes of Midsommer Murders (we speculated it was too much rich food and consequent high blood pressure) but he was on top form in Bergerac!

Dominion :yep: Pilot was broadcast on Syfy last night so it's available in all the usual places :naughty: bit cheesy but quite enjoyed it.

:yinyang:

+1 on Dominion, really enjoyed the pilot.

• Like 1

Just remembered about 'The Life and Times of Tim' :)

Its an animated series about a 'socially challenged' guy who gets in extremely awkward situations.....really funny little show, well worth a watch. And did I mention its made by HBO? :yep:

• Like 2

Another TV pilot for your perusal :) The Last Ship :pugwash: post apocalyptic sci-fi based on a US navy warship, I quite liked it. :yep:

Reruns of Bergerac..... I've been enjoying them lately :bag:

John Nettles went through a difficult phase with his health in later episodes of Midsommer Murders (we speculated it was too much rich food and consequent high blood pressure) but he was on top form in Bergerac!

Bergerac rocks but Lovejoy is the man.

Another TV pilot for your perusal :) The Last Ship :pugwash: post apocalyptic sci-fi based on a US navy warship, I quite liked it. :yep:

i just found this int' listings , i'll check it out later.

• Like 1

Just downloaded the entire series of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister to watch at my leisure :)

I loved The Thick of It for its venomous satire (and of course the wonderful creative swearing of Malcolm Tucker :D ), but Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister were in a league of their own in terms of writing, the use (and misuse) of language (especially by Sir Humphrey) was utter genius, often making me chuckle not just for the comedy but for the sheer joy of the writing :D

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

Guest bazzad9

ive just come across "the last ship"

not watched it yet but i think the wordls ended and this ship is all thats left or something

ill report back when ive watched it