Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, Saddam said:

The voice acting was fucking awful, I couldn't deal with it. lol  

the little girl character, yeah she pissed me off but the others were fine. Should get better for season two. But the new Star Trek wasn’t much better.

erm, I am err, forced to watch these things. I need to, err, vet them all. Ensure they are suitable for my 7 and 9 yr old kids. Yeah, err, have to do it. Part of being a good dad.  

• Like 2

I have no excuses, I'll watch anything sci-fi, don't really care if it's live action, animated, or cgi. :russian:  It's interesting to see how these 100% cgi efforts have evolved from not very impressive animation to jaw-dropping scenes in the space of a few years. 

• Like 3

On 09/11/2021 at 7:20 PM, stummer said:

Watched the first  episode of dexter last night from the new series. Gonna watch the whole a lot again from the start I think just to proper remember it all. Noticed the whole lots on the sky catch up thing. Always thought was a decent series and something different from the usual.

New series of Dexter ? Sounds like a bad idea to me , it's never going to be as good and it went downhill at the end anyway

I can't even remember what happened , is it the same characters ? Some sort of prequel ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degsy said:

New series of Dexter ? Sounds like a bad idea to me , it's never going to be as good and it went downhill at the end anyway

I can't even remember what happened , is it the same characters ? Some sort of prequel ?

yeah some things are best left alone tbh. I just hardly watch tv as think fuck all is on or kinda just can’t be arsed. Only thought give this a shot as I like dexter as it was something different. Can’t remember much either so started to watch the old series again on sky. Only been one episode of the new series so far.

• Like 1

i thought the first season of dexter was superb, but killing the black detective at the end of the season was a bad script idea, killed the 'cat and mouse' element for me as they had real chemistry, shame

4 hours ago, ratdog said:

i thought the first season of dexter was superb, but killing the black detective at the end of the season was a bad script idea, killed the 'cat and mouse' element for me as they had real chemistry, shame

I enjoyed Dexter at the time but I couldn't tell you what happened in it now

I can't think of a time when something has been brought back after a few years or more and been even half as good

as the original . I mean some people liked the new Red Dwarf , I wish they'd just left it alone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Degsy said:

I mean some people liked the new Red Dwarf

do you mean those specials i think they were? or did they do an entire series, can't remember now, but they looked old and boring, old and boring men moaning, it really felt like episodes of some shit soap opera

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Degsy said:

I can't think of a time when something has been brought back after a few years or more and been even half as good

I'm told the Battlestar Galactica re-boot was way better than the original but I didn't watch either the old show or new one so don't know...(tbf my impression is the original wouldn't be hard to surpass)...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billy2Hats said:

I'm told the Battlestar Galactica re-boot was way better than the original

It certainly is :yep:  The original BSG pilot from '78 was pretty good in 1978 lol  then it rapidly went downhill. Then there was Galactica (1980) which was pure shite, mainly because the writing was dismal and they replaced Dirk Benedict who was away doing the A Team, with Barry Van Dyke. lol  

Dirk returned for one episode of Galactica which was basically the same story as Enemy Mine. 

The BSG reboot is far superior, then there are two specials, Razor and The Plan, plus a spin-off series, Caprica. 

Westworld is another series which is far superior to the original film. 

I also think Stargate was expanded well by the subsequent spin-offs and TV shows SG1, Atlantis, and Universe. Universe was my favourite but it was cancelled after 2 seasons. :(   

Red Dwarf died when they brought in fake Kochanski. :soap: Clare Grogan will always be Kochanski. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Clare Grogan will always be Kochanski. 

:yep:  or as Susan  (Gregory's girl)  :naughty:

• Like 2

The Cockfields is a nice gentle comedy. I've really enjoyed it. 2 series out there for anyone interested.

Co written by Joe Wilkinson and starring him, plus Sue Johnston, the bloke that was Rab C Nesbitt, some lovely girl and Betty from Some Mothers do 'ave 'em.

As you were...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woody2shoes said:

Some Mothers do 'ave 'em.

Did you know that the piccolo theme music actually spells out Some Mothers Do Ave Em in morse code? lol  Ronnie Hazlehurst was a genius. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 1:40 PM, Degsy said:

New series of Dexter ?

2 minutes in and Iggy and The Passenger :yep:

not sure what the rest of it will be like lol

Iggy's selling next year's holidays in TV adverts.

And I feel like I want to hate him for it.

But I just can't.

It's Iggy.

Anything he does is just cool lol

The last dump he did is cooler than anything I've ever done lol

• Like 2