Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Star Trek Prodigy, quite enjoyed the first episode but it feels very Star Wars-esque? :unsure: If I was just listening to it, not knowing it was Star Trek, I'd swear it was a Star Wars spin-off. :russian: The music, the ship interior, the alien languages, sound effects, droid robot designs and sounds, General Grievous rip-off, and there's even a Wookie noise at one point lol 

It's a bit woke, 2 characters are described as being neither male or female in the first 22 minutes. lol 

That aside, it's beautifully animated, some of the shots are jaw-dropping, the ship looks smart as fuck, it's very atmospheric, and quite charming if you're a Star Trek fan.

John Noble, Jimmy Simpson and Kate Mulgrew are the more notable cast members.  

Edited by Saddam

The full series of Wolf Hall (based on the first two books in Hilary Mantel's brilliant trilogy about the rise and fall of Thomas Cromwell) is on the BBC iPlayer at the moment, I highly recommend it :) When I first watched it, the very first episode, I thought Mark Rylance was badly miscast as Cromwell, he doesn't have the physical presence (Cromwell was often described as a bull of a man), but he's so good in the role that I forgot my initial reservations, he's just superb. It really is top notch historical drama :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

On 25/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, Exhale said:

Brian Cox has to be one of my favourite actors.

Not TV, radio.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b07x12m1

You may have to register with BBC Sounds :unsure: (but it just requires an email address).

(first of the series, it's all good :) )

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Watched the first  episode of dexter last night from the new series. Gonna watch the whole a lot again from the start I think just to proper remember it all. Noticed the whole lots on the sky catch up thing. Always thought was a decent series and something different from the usual.

• Like 1

I thought the first few seasons were good (all pretty silly, but enjoyable if you bought into the premise), but I think it lost its way and the final season was shite. Didn't know they'd resurrected it. Not sure why :unsure: except a lack of ideas and doing what TV & movies seem to be all about now, remake/copy/resurrect something that was successful instead of risking doing something original :rolleyes:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

The Outlaws :yep:  Dark comedy set in Brizzle starring Christopher Walken and Stephen Merchant. 

I've just binged Westworld seasons 1-3 again lol  They're still filming season 4 so I don't expect it'll drop until 2023. :wallbash:  

That foundation is alright. Definitely worth a watch.

the blacklist is getting me down, it’s seemingly bollocks at the minute.

@Saddam yeah, that new Star Trek feels just like the last Star Wars cartoon.

there is another animation out Arcane which seems a lot better. There is a aqua man cartoon out as well that’s like the Harley Quinn cartoons (I liked them, when the little guy called Wonder Woman a cunt and the league of evil kicked him out). Aqua mans shit though. Don’t watch it, I just felt that you needed to be made aware it.

There’s a tv show called girl in the woods I’m trying to watch but really I’m just waiting for the Witcher and the new mandelorian and the book of boba fet but the last two are still two months away.

On the 19/11 though a live action version of cowboy bebop is coming out and that looks immense.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whatwentwrong said:

there is another animation out Arcane

I started watching it and bailed out when I realised it was centred around magic. lol  

1 hour ago, Whatwentwrong said:

new Star Trek feels just like the last Star Wars cartoon.

It's a shame it appears to draw heavily from Clone Wars aesthetics and is primarily aimed at children. There's a scene in the pilot episode where the ship flies through a waterfall which completely blows me away, just incredible on a technical level. 

Some of the space shots are just as beautiful , then there's that title sequence. :notworthy:  

Hopefully they've planned a decent storyline and include more of the ST lore for the diehard fans. :lookaround:  

• Like 1

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

The bad batch was decent, that’s what it reminds me of.

The voice acting was fucking awful, I couldn't deal with it. lol  

Undecided about Bebop, looks nice in the trailer but historically most live action reboots of classic animé tend to suck hard. I'm guessing they're just going to parrot the 90's version, word for word and scene for scene. lol   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1