Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I really enjoyed Kingdom! @Gimps

Their horror and war movies are good, I think. They have different lore and history and very different mythological starting points so they are always a bit odd.

• Like 3

@Keye You’re spot on, if you haven’t seen it, would really recommend Rigor mortis, it’s supposed to be a homage to the Hong Kong jiang shi (hopping vampire) films of the eighties.

Mr vampire (1985) is the acknowledged classic of the genre, it’s more fun than scary. Rigor mortis is a lot, lot darker, but you get to see a range of Chinese ghosts and spirits, plus how the Taoist masters combat them, which is fascinating. It also features a couple of the actors from Mr vampire.

Hope you can give them a watch, if you haven’t already.

• Like 2

Mr Vampire is a classic :D

It's funny how when Ringu came out westerners raised on a diet of Hollywood seemed to think it was the first asian horror film ever made or summat :rolleyes:  They obviously missed out on absolute classics like Onibaba, IMHO one of the best horror films ever made, anywhere :notworthy:

• Like 1

Furia - Taut Norwegian/German right wing terrorism drama. Takes a couple of episodes to get going, but once the action moves to Berlin, things get very tense indeed.

Well I've watched a few more episodes of Squid Game which I wasn't really planning to do

I think it has to go down as so bad it's actually quite entertaining

Just finished squid game.

Think it would have been better if I had watched with sub titles rather than the corney dubbing. 

But it was ok , gotta take it for what it is. Bit rediculous but keeps it together

The Billion Dollar Code. :yep:  Quite an interesting history lesson for the tech-savvy, and really well put together.