Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, Keye said:

Tar

You could buy a fire stick in the next sale and then sub to real debrid,I'll help you sideload if need be.

• Like 1

Watched Breaking Bad for the second time. I did try watching it a few years back but it was too soon but I really enjoyed it this time. I forgot so much, I suppose that's a benefit of being a stoner though. Hammered through The Last Kingdom again too, that's some quality telly that is :yes:

• Like 2

Watching Season 1 of Top Of The Lake. I think it's set in New Zealand, well looks like it. Elizabeth Moss is really fit in it. Really enjoying it. 2 Episodes in

I have to say, really quite enjoyed 'nine perfect strangers', it had a convincing lead role by nicole kidman best remembered for her contribution to B.M.X.  bandits.

Nine folk at a health spa with micro dosing and more.

Worth a watch as there are only a few episodes.

Fairly lustrous cinematography too, hardly thrown together, but not mega budget either.

Have a gander.

;)

• Like 1

Caught me eye too @Degsy hope someone has given it a watch already.

The dark tourism series on netflix is okaaaaay.

Just.  Not dark and gritty enough and the presenter just spends the whole time trying to sound like theroux.  Looks like hes had work done to look like theroux too.  He has also apparently piched theroux's glasses.

Edited by Phoenix
Spelling
  • Like 1

Binged it in a day when it was released, it starts well then kinda loses its way and goes a bit cringe, then there's the ending. :lookaround:  I guessed it in the first episode, but I guess I watch too much shit. lol  

Korea are making some great films and TV shows, and I find myself watching more far Eastern productions than USA junk these days.  I've got a lot of time for anything from Korea, Japan, or China. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Binged it in a day when it was released, it starts well then kinda loses its way and goes a bit cringe, then there's the ending. :lookaround:  I guessed it in the first episode, but I guess I watch too much shit. lol  

Korea are making some great films and TV shows, and I find myself watching more far Eastern productions than USA junk these days.  I've got a lot of time for anything from Korea, Japan, or China. 

That sounds like it's not really worth watching then , what Korean , Japanese or Chinese stuff is better ?

51 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Anybody seen Squid Game on netflix ? Looks pretty interesting

It had a mention in our house t’other day so I had a look on youtube.

What the fuck is all that about? lol 

15 minutes ago, Saddam said:

I've got a lot of time for anything from Korea, Japan, or China. 

If it comes with subtitles then it goes in the bin here.

Films are for watching and listening to. Books are for reading and my eyes are fucked. :geek:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Degsy said:

That sounds like it's not really worth watching then , what Korean , Japanese or Chinese stuff is better ?

The first episode draws you in, it was well produced, I just thought the writing let it down somewhat. Watch the first episode and decide for yourself whether you can be arsed to watch the rest.  

It felt a bit like an homage to Battle Royale, while drawing from elements of The Cube and The Hunt films. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Degsy said:

Sorry to jump in...Kingdom (Korea) is a top notch medieval zombie drama on Netflix that’s brilliant if that’s your thing...

Revenge of the bloody, brutal variety seems to be a theme running through a lot of Korean movies...

I saw the devil is a good watch, as is The wailing, though if you can work out what the actual fuck is going on you’re sharper than me.

Rampant is a movie version of Kingdom, though not as good, I felt.

Rigor Morris is a cracker from Hong Kong, a vampire/ghost story set in a tower block.

Tons of good stuff from Asia.

They also do some good war films, if that’s your bag, Brotherhood, The Front line (Korea) and Assembly, which I believe is Chinese.

Train to Busan is a cracker, 28 days later on a train, and it’s anime sequel, Seoul station.

But then, I like zombie films..lol

• Like 5