Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Finally catching up with Genndy Tartakovsky - was a fan of Samurai Jack, loved the animation and the atmosphere in his work using sound only where you needed it - I'm a couple of episodes in to Primal and I can't say I'm dissapointed, just as dramatic and atmospheric but with a visceral, brutal nature.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2020 at 10:55 PM, Saddam said:

Watching Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal again, seeing as it's free on the Channel 4 app. :badass:    It's a fucking masterpiece, I love everything from the unique style of the artwork, the way each story is told without any vocabulary, the music,  and the way they've pushed the colours. 

Each episode builds like you're coming up on a pill. lol  Episode 5 is just too much, especially after a smoke, seriously. lol   

Primal. :yep: incredible. 

Yep, Primal is fucking awesome. :notworthy:   

• Like 1

Been re-watching The West Wing from the start in the late hours of drunk before I pass out lol

It's not drama, it's a fairytale about American politics somewhere over the rainbow lol

But it's really well acted and the dialogue is brilliant, that's the reason to watch it, utter fucking nonsense but beautifully written lol

• Like 1

Only a four part series but watched two so far of manhunt the night stalker on itv. Guessing des got good feedback as people like to watch real life crimes of the past. I saw an advert pop up about this series online and it showed the actual guys face. Could remember seeing it years ago when it actually happened. Proper evil bastard man. 

• Like 1

On 22/09/2021 at 4:38 AM, Boojum said:

the dialogue is brilliant, that's the reason to watch it, utter fucking nonsense but beautifully written lol

Armando Iannucci, great comedy writer  :yep:

• Like 3

Foundation. Sci-fi series staring Jared Harris and based on the Isaac Asimov book series. Thought the first two episodes were pretty good, a bit slow perhaps, but it's quite nicely produced.  

• Like 2

watching ted lasso atm, 3 eps in and really well written, some great characters developing and well worth the awards they won so far

8/10

also the new season of spitting image is worth a watch

• Like 1

Just now, Keye said:

Where, @Joolz? I've got Soprano's coming up as 2min clips on YT, but where's streaming it? I never watched it when it was on TV.

It's on Atlantic but you could stream it off an app.

• Like 1