Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 15/08/2021 at 10:45 PM, Saddam said:

Fixed that for you. lol  Fucking Marvel, how many characters are there in the Marvel comic universe? Lots more than the 15 or so they've wheeled out to be clichéd  to death on screen for the past decade. Even in death, they get a poorly written origin film, or spin-off  series. :russian: 

Vision - Dead, but gets a series. 

Black Widow - Dead, but gets a film. 

The characters very rarely get injured, or have their hair or make-up put out of place, or even show being out of breath. 

Things you can expect to see in a Marvel film..

Hulk smash

Spider sensing

Captain America jumping over some shit.

Doctor Strange making a portal

Iron man flying

Thor throwing something

Silver surfer surfing

Groot promoting Groot merchandise. 

Wolverine's claws going shhhhhhkkk 

Natalie Portman's wormhole. 

lol  

Of all the comics turned film I thought Deadpool was far and away the best tbh.

And funnily enough none of the ones listed above make an appearance (I think one or two get a mention but not an actual showing).

I liked the whole antihero thing and whilst I wouldn't have cast Ryan Reynolds in the part I gotta admit he actually played it well, much better than I would've predicted anyway.

It rare when an action movie pulls off comedy as well I think, but I laughed out loud a couple of times the first time I watched it.  

Another rarity in films these days is that I watched it more than once too.  

• Like 4

Vigil on BBC 1

It's fucking shite, but it's the kinda shite that's is fun to watch, just not in the way they intended lol It's like writer read a step-by-step book on TV drama and wrote a script, step-by-step, it's in the realms of parody lol Both utterly dreadful and absolutely ace at the same time lol

We watched the first episode of the docu-drama " Stephen " last night.

It deals with the Stephen Lawrence murder and the police's fucked up mess they made of it first time round.

Steve Cougan makes a good job of playing the cop working the 'cold case' and if the details are accurate it's quite shocking

at the incompetence and possible institutional racism in the Met.

Secnd episode next week

On 30/08/2021 at 10:12 PM, Boojum said:

Vigil on BBC 1

It's fucking shite, but it's the kinda shite that's is fun to watch, just not in the way they intended lol It's like writer read a step-by-step book on TV drama and wrote a script, step-by-step, it's in the realms of parody lol Both utterly dreadful and absolutely ace at the same time lol

That's a really good summation of this drama.  Grippingly  awful.  I'd be terrified if people in charge of our nuclear 'deterrent' acted like this.  We would be dead in a month.  What makes it work at all is that it has a good cast doing good work but the script is farcical.

• Like 1

I thought The Boys on Prime video was fantastic but probably recommended already
on Netflix I'd suggest Good Girls, Archer, Black Summer, To The Lake. There's a ton of good programmes out there!

Edited by Entropy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A Killing in Tiger Bay. 3 parter on the Cardiff 3. One of the worse misscarriges of justice we've seen.

BBC I Player.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hiphip said:

A Killing in Tiger Bay. 3 parter on the Cardiff 3. One of the worse misscarriges of justice we've seen.

BBC I Player.

Cheers :smokin:

One of the bent coppers who fitted these guys up was my mates dad. He is an absolute cunt (well they both are, dad and son). 

When we as a group of friends started telling him we thought his dad had been a massive cunt he justified it with "well they may not have been guilty of this but they were guilty of something".

Then when the horrible bent cunts put in a civil case he got all puffed up and chuffed his dad was going to give him some of the pay out to buy a house. We all pointed out his dad was guilty as fuck and he would be buying a house with blood money that his dad got from destroying the lives of innocent men.

he just could not understand why we all thought him and his dad were being absolute horrible cunts.

Suffice to say we are not friends anymore. Bent Bastards got away with it because their dodgy mates moved evidence that magically reappeared after the trial collapsed.

:furious:

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 6