Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

lol I was going to post about it earlier but didn't think it was worthy lol it's very similar to Black Sails, even parts of the plot. :pugwash:

:oldtoker:

Edited by Saddam

yeah he's class ....

....even if he has got the whitest legs of any human ive ever seen :wassnnme:

Me and the mrs tend to be a tad late getting into things - on series 3 of 24 and really enjoying it.

I'd fuck it off after that series tbh lol
  • Like 1

I'm watching the latest season of 24 and think it's the best one so far. :badass: Gang Related is pretty cool too imho.

:ninja:

• Like 1

Crossbones - Set during the golden age of piracy in the 1700s and centers on legendary pirate Blackbeard. - john malkovich is black beard lol

its not really that well made, not grade A imo but just listening to john malkovich monologuing about flaying folk and what nots makes it worth watching.

it has got potential but its off to a bit of shaky start imo.

warning trailer contains spoilers! many, many, spoilers! :yep: dont watch if you want to watch the first episode lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJdrrHm3HhY

just going to post this after watching it lol malkovich is his usual brillant self :yep:

I'll give it a go.

When I was a kid Blackbeard was kind of a hero of mine.

I wasn't at all impressed with Black Sails, downloaded the lot, watched the first two episodes (in fact that's a lie, watched the first one and a half episodes, turned off halfway through episode 2 cos I thought it was utter shite), deleted the rest. So I hope this one does a better job of things :)

I recently watched the first series of 24 and thought it was shite. Sounds like it doesnt get any better after that either :fear:

If you like water boarding you'll love 24. I think the first season is the only one where Kiefer Sutherland doesn't actually get to torture someone (but it's OK, he's allowed to, because he's the hero and he's only got 24 hours to save the world).

I'm watching the latest season of 24 and think it's the best one so far. :badass: Gang Related is pretty cool too imho.

:ninja:

To be fair I've not watched any past the first few of series 4. I'd lost interest by then.

Orphan Black series 2 has just started.

Tatiana Maslany is still superb.

It's hard to say any more without dropping massive spoilers.

Just started watching series 1 and it's really really good so far , I see what you mean about Tatiana Maslany

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it has been mentioned, just remembered Lexx. 1997 incredibly dark science fiction, just watched first 10 minutes of first episode so can't really say to much as I only have vague memories of it.

They live in a world where people are used as food, the technology is using the best nature has developed so look like insects, the technology, and they escape into another universe, the ship they escape in is 'powered' by disembodied brains, the motivation of the brains is/are suspect.

The dark zone. Bit I just watch was a frivolous/erotic section. Forgotten how this skips between being daft then a moment later dark and malevolent and dangerous

Edited by Hir
  • Like 2

Never watched that, so I'm downloading season 1 on your recommendation :)

Started watching Orange is the New Black earlier. It's not great, but it's watchable.

Dominion :yep: Pilot was broadcast on Syfy last night so it's available in all the usual places :naughty: bit cheesy but quite enjoyed it.

:yinyang:

• Like 1