Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

SLIMEBALL CAMERON !!

Panorama 7.35pm tonight and the tale of another corrupt Tory fucker trousering 7 mill...while some struggle to feed their kids...CUNT !!

:puke::puke:

• Like 1

Guest theokoles

Better Call Saul, binged 3 seasons in 3 days, can't belive i haven't botherd with it before now. It has many of the characters from Breaking Bad, very entertaining.

2 minutes ago, theokoles said:

Better Call Saul, binged 3 seasons in 3 days, can't belive i haven't botherd with it before now. It has many of the characters from Breaking Bad, very entertaining.

I loved this although I know a lot of people found it very slow . What they disliked about it was probably what I liked .

• Like 2

Been watching Callan starring Edward Woodward.  I'd forgotten exactly how good this series was.  It concerns The Section, a clandestine department of our security services.  I've read a fair bit about this in last week or so and it is frequently described as the dirtiest depiction of the secret world of espionage ever shown on TV, it is very dark.   Stella supporting cast throughout, many famous faces from late sixties, early seventies television.  Almost all of the existing episodes on youtube.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hir said:

Been watching Callan starring Edward Woodward.  I'd forgotten exactly how good this series was.  It concerns The Section, a clandestine department of our security services.  I've read a fair bit about this in last week or so and it is frequently described as the dirtiest depiction of the secret world of espionage ever shown on TV, it is very dark.   Stella supporting cast throughout, many famous faces from late sixties, early seventies television.  Almost all of the existing episodes on youtube.

Top telly :) There was also a reasonably decent 1974 movie spin-off once you've finished the series (wasn't as good as the TV show, but worth a watch for completeness).

What do you call a man with a piece of wood on his head ?

Edwood

What do you call a man with 3 pieces of wood on his head ?

Edwood wood wood.

:bag:

I'll get me coat.

• Like 3

@Boojum  It was the film that brought me back to the series.  Not a bad film adaption but lacks the grit of the TV version.

Edited by Hir
  • Like 2

Could never be doing with the James Bond kinda spy/secret service agent, all that glamour and hokum, real spying is a fucking filthy business, much preferred the grit and cynicism of Callan and the realism of John le Carre (I still think Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is one of the best TV dramas ever made E2A and The Spy Who Came In From The Cold is one of my favourite films, Richard Burton's world-weary performance is IIMHO one of his very best, brilliant :) ).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

my tv wouldn't connect to my router last night so i dug through my hard drive and found i'd d/l loki, as soon as i saw it was from the avengers i cringed, but the first episode was actually pretty interesting and well-made, will see if it's sustained

first ep 8/10

Just now, ratdog said:

my tv wouldn't connect to my router last night so i dug through my hard drive and found i'd d/l loki, as soon as i saw it was from the avengers i cringed, but the first episode was actually pretty interesting and well-made, will see if it's sustained

first ep 8/10

Worth it to see Richard E Grant in the later episodes, much better that most of the films imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Mugwuffin said:

Worth it to see Richard E Grant in the later episodes, much better that most of the films imo.

yeah, so many cool ideas and depth for something connected to the avengers.

i can't stand the majority of the films, iron man was pretty good but thor and that kind of style was mindless imho

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

yeah, so many cool ideas and depth for something connected to the avengers.

i can't stand the majority of the films, iron man was pretty good but thor and that kind of style was mindless imho

I think the format (TV show) allows them to explore the source material, and develop the characters in a more organic way.

Edited by Mugwuffin
  • Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 3:49 PM, Mugwuffin said:

I think the format (TV show) allows them to exploit viewers, and develop the characters in a more profitable way.

Fixed that for you. lol  Fucking Marvel, how many characters are there in the Marvel comic universe? Lots more than the 15 or so they've wheeled out to be clichéd  to death on screen for the past decade. Even in death, they get a poorly written origin film, or spin-off  series. :russian: 

Vision - Dead, but gets a series. 

Black Widow - Dead, but gets a film. 

The characters very rarely get injured, or have their hair or make-up put out of place, or even show being out of breath. 

Things you can expect to see in a Marvel film..

Hulk smash

Spider sensing

Captain America jumping over some shit.

Doctor Strange making a portal

Iron man flying

Thor throwing something

Silver surfer surfing

Groot promoting Groot merchandise. 

Wolverine's claws going shhhhhhkkk 

Natalie Portman's wormhole. 

lol  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 4

Just now, Saddam said:

Fixed that for you. lol  Fucking Marvel, how many characters are there in the Marvel comic universe? Lots more than the 15 or so characters they've  consistently wheeled out to be clichéd  to death on screen. Even in death, they get a poorly written origin film, or spin-off  series. :russian: 

Vision - Dead, but gets a series. 

Black Widow - Dead, but gets a film. 

The characters very rarely get injured, or have their hair or make-up put out of place, or even show being out of breath. 

Things you can expect to see in a Marvel film..

Hulk smash

Spider sensing

Captain America jumping over some shit.

Doctor Strange making a portal

Iron man flying

Thor throwing something

Silver surfer surfing

Groot promoting Groot merchandise. 

Natalie Portman's wormhole. 

lol  

I haven't watched many of the film's, too much shit CGI in most of em to be watchable, and of course Disney is going to whore out the characters, even more so than marvel.

Just finished season one of black summer, which I think is better than anything marvel have produced imo. 

DC aren't much better, it's been Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman, Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman and Robin, Superman, Batman, Superman, Batman vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League (featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman), Wonder Woman, Justice League Snyder cut (featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman), Wonder Woman. lol 

Doom Patrol is quality because it has other original DC characters, and it's done in an original way, a bit weird but funny, and entertaining.  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3