Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

35 minutes ago, KC said:

I'm watching The Serpent on Netflix at the moment. Based on true events it's telling the story of some psycho who preys on hippies to steal their money and identification. I'm 7 episodes in so I'm officially hooked.

It's got Jenna Coleman as one of the main characters :wub:

Id watch it again based on the latter alone.

Great bit of telly.

• Like 2

Dave. It’s about a rapper named lil dicky, who’s actually a real rapper. He plays himself in the show. Found it really funny. I hadn’t heard of him before, but he’s got hundred of millions of views on YouTube. And got a song called earth with a shitload of other artists 

• Like 1

Just finished watching the second series of "American Gods",

very good.

Much better than the first series.

Atb

:yinyang:

The North Water :notworthy: I only watched the first episode because I saw that Stephen Graham was in it, and it's fucking excellent, brutal but excellent so far. :yep:  Colin Farrell is unrecognisable, in fact, I didn't even realise it was him until the episode had ended. lol 

Season 5 of Rick and Morty has been a disappointment so far, a series of badly written, shit stories.  

• Like 1

There better be more sweet tooth.

Inconclusive ending left me pondering.

Meh.

Nice to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2020 at 10:34 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

midnight gospel on Netflix. The style is interesting. 

On 25/04/2020 at 6:07 PM, ratdog said:

great when you are wasted lol

I 'found' this last night and thought of you @ratdog - I'm late to the party as usual lol I was totally wasted

• Like 2

Dr Death: The Undoctored Story. :fear: Documentary about Duntsch,and what he did to his victims, it's compelling viewing and very sad. :blub: 

Dr Death. Dramatised series based on Duntsch with Christian Slater, Joshua Jackson, and Arec Barrwin. It's pretty good so far.  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

Dave. It’s about a rapper named lil dicky, who’s actually a real rapper. He plays himself in the show. Found it really funny. I hadn’t heard of him before, but he’s got hundred of millions of views on YouTube. And got a song called earth with a shitload of other artists 

Dave is fucking excellent and should be watched by much more people. Not only funny but touching in places too. And he's genuinely brilliant at rapping.

His best songs, in my opinion, are Pillow Talking and Professional Rapper, by the way.

e2a: even if you don't like hip hop Dave is well worth watching. 

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 2

Guest theokoles
On 23/07/2021 at 1:40 AM, Saddam said:

The North Water :notworthy: I only watched the first episode because I saw that Stephen Graham was in it, and it's fucking excellent, brutal but excellent so far. :yep:  Colin Farrell is unrecognisable, in fact, I didn't even realise it was him until the episode had ended. lol 

Season 5 of Rick and Morty has been a disappointment so far, a series of badly written, shit stories.  

Where thr fk can i find The north water? not on netflix, amazon or sky, same as Dr death cabt find them anywhere 

The Flight Attendant - Despite good reviews on its release, I had dismissed this as "not my sort of thing". The 10 minute opening sequence might give the impression that it is a lightweight frothy comedy, but it evolves into an increasingly dark and heavy psychodrama.

Strong central performances and a smart script that deftly balances comedy and tragedy make this well worth watching.