Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I definitely want an infinity toilet. Having a shit there would be beautiful. Only 4 more days. 

Have you watched invincible. That's pretty decent too. 

• Like 1

In the last few weeks I've watched Sweet Tooth and Clarkson's Farm; both were great craic in their own way :)

• Like 1

Katla - Icelandic supernatural mystery that owes a lot to Solaris. Some major plausibility issues but the ash covered arctic landscape is truly otherworldly.

Sweet Tooth - imagine Disney remade The Road as a family friendly feelgood series. Syrupy as fuck, but it has its moments.

• Like 1

Black summer.

Decent American Zombie drama on Netflix.

Season 2 out now.

Zombies are very fast and very angry...

If you live in Canada or use a VPN you can go to gem.cbc.ca and watch season one of "Trickster" based on the novel by Eden Robinson of the same name. It is filmed in my old hometown of Kitimat, B.C. and has elements of the local Haisla people's supernatural traditional stories set in a modern British Columbia small town.  There are 6 episodes in this season and be forewarned... there are lots of swearwords in it even though it played on Canada's national television station CBC last fall.  I highly recommend it and all of Eden Robinson's novels. There is also a film based on her book called "Monkey Beach" that was released last year also called "Monkey Beach" which is also pretty good. Dunno where you can find that one though... 

• Like 1

Yeah I watched Trickster on SYFY earlier this year,

I really enjoyed it.

Hopefully there will be more Episodes :D 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Guest theokoles
On 24/06/2021 at 9:03 PM, Superdedupity said:

In the last few weeks I've watched Sweet Tooth and Clarkson's Farm; both were great craic in their own way :)

Really enjoyed Clarksons Farm, bit suprised as wasn't too keen on him, but you get to see a bit of his vulnerable side. Tell you what though after he dug that pond and did all that hard work and his gf came over and shouted at him, i'd have fucking lobbed her in the pond lol 

City on a Hill, is quite good.

Time with Sean Bean is also decent short 3 part series.

On 16/06/2021 at 2:36 PM, Boojum said:

Was disappointed with the last series of Line of Duty, just wasn't anywhere near as well plotted as the previous ones, some of it was nonsensical and like you say the ending was shite. Was kinda like Jed Mercurio was just going through the motions.

It didn't make any sense...if Buckells was "H"/the 4th man then who ordered the hit on Jimmy Lakewell?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Billy2Hats said:

It didn't make any sense...if Buckells was "H"/the 4th man then who ordered the hit on Jimmy Lakewell?

Aye, all I can think is that there's another season lined up that will reveal Buckells wasn't the real H and took the rap to cover for the real one or summat. If so I think that's lazy plotting, if not then him looking all scared and told that's what happens to a rat when Lakewell was killed doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Got round to starting watching The Handmaid's Tale. Brilliant and utterly chilling.

Edited by Boojum

Guest theokoles

Think i'll give the Handmaidens tale a go heard good things about it from someone today.

i started a zombie/thriller series yestreday. Black summer, i'm not one for zombie type stuff but this was fast paced. i'm 4 episodes in and still not quite sure about it, its decent so far. 

Guest dill786
1 hour ago, theokoles said:

Think i'll give the Handmaidens tale a go heard good things about it from someone today.

i started a zombie/thriller series yestreday. Black summer, i'm not one for zombie type stuff but this was fast paced. i'm 4 episodes in and still not quite sure about it, its decent so far. 

i recently started watching it too, i am in 4 episodes and i am clueless..

one thing that bugs me is that everyone seems to be walking or running and there are so many cars just begging to be hot wired, yet nobody has really tried, and if they do its just once,

if that was me ill be checking every single fucking car so i can get the fuck out of that place lol