Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

"Time" staring Sean Bean and Stephen Lewis, all 3 episodes available on iplayer

not a fan of the beeb but this is good, predictable maybe but a good twist and well acted  :yep:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Saddam said:

*Stephen Graham.

I always think he's Stephen Lewis because he is the spitting image of a childhood mate lol

• Like 2

On 10/06/2021 at 10:28 PM, Joolz said:

"Time" staring Sean Bean and Stephen Lewis, all 3 episodes available on iplayer

not a fan of the beeb but this is good, predictable maybe but a good twist and well acted  :yep:

Watching it now, near the end of episode 2.

Never been inside but the thing that is screaming out to me is man, don't take favours from anyone, not the scary Scottish blioke (who always plays the scary Scottish bloke lol he was the bad man in series 1 and 2 of Line of Duty lol so definitely don't take favours from him), not the screws either (and definitely not Stephen Graham - superb actor though he is). Don't owe anyone anything, cos it will cost you more than it's worth. I guess that's episode 3 lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

I recently finished line of duty, thought it was really good TV and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Even the last series despite an appallingly bad ending wasnt terrible in its entirety. 

My daughter got me watching "the big bang theory" last week and I gotta confess I'm pretty hooked.   Its not my usual cup of tea at all.  I don't really do cringe TV (American cringe especially) and this is kinda cringe but I gotta be honest I'm enjoying it. Nearly at end of series 3 with loads to go so that's my TV sorted for a few weeks at least..

I can relate nearly all the characters to people I know in real life.  I suspect that is true for many and part of the wider appeal. 

• Like 3

I've been patiently waiting for season 3 of Lost Gold of World War II. :yawn:    Where is it you fuckers? lol  

• Like 1

Was disappointed with the last series of Line of Duty, just wasn't anywhere near as well plotted as the previous ones, some of it was nonsensical and like you say the ending was shite. Was kinda like Jed Mercurio was just going through the motions.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Boojum said:

Was kinda like Jed Mercurio was just going through the motions.

He had bitten off more than he could chew by introducing the prospect that it was all down to the machinations of a paedo elite among the police higher-ups.  That would have required some awesome plot-spinning and could easily have ended up just looking paranoid.

So he went for the cock-up rather than conspiracy ending, and cocked that up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

He had bitten off more than he could chew by introducing the prospect that it was all down to the machinations of a paedo elite among the police higher-ups.  That would have required some awesome plot-spinning and could easily have ended up just looking paranoid.

So he went for the cock-up rather than conspiracy ending, and cocked that up.

I wonder if it was him that bottled it or if the BBC told him he couldn't do the full-on paedo elite conspiracy thing lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

On 13/06/2021 at 1:39 AM, Boojum said:

owe anyone anything, cos it will cost you more than it's worth

it's been a long while thank fuck lol but owe nothing, lend nothing, say nothing and take no shit is probably still a good guide, probably even more so these days lol

• Like 5

On 10/06/2021 at 11:07 AM, Saddam said:

Loki :wanker:  It would appear the Marvel writers have blatantly plagiarised Rick & Morty episode 'A Rickle in Time ' and stretched it into a series. :soap:  

Hide contents

Time police, time prison, time collars, and even a weird looking testicle monster aka Owen Wilson.

lol    

I vill mess with time lol

• Like 2

@Saddam New season gettin real close now aye :yahoo:

Edit Not seen ep 2 yet didnae think the first one was bad but definitely brought rick n morty to mind lol

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 1