Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

'Gold Rush White Water' is another worth watching. These guys really do have gold fever.

'Moonshiners' is one of my all time favs...:yep:

Late to the party but starting to watch Homeland. Damian Lewis' wife is fit as a butchers. Enjoying it so far. We'll save Fargo for afters.

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

a Kiwi

Well I apologise profusely to Karl urban for thinking his accent was shocking and now feel like a massive tit lol

he sounds like a caricature.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Well I apologise profusely to Karl urban for thinking his accent was shocking and now feel like a massive tit lol

he sounds like a caricature.

lol To be fair to you I watched the first episode of The Boys a while back (didn't really get into it), before I knew he was from New Zealand and I thought he was putting on a bad Australian accent too lol Don't remember it sounding like a New Zealand accent (they tend to pronounce e like i and i like u so "This shed." sounds like "Thus shid." lol ).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cursed said:

@Degsy

just started season two of the boys, the first series was brilliant. Just wish someone had told Karl urban to ditch the Australian (I’m guessing supposed to be English) accent. Why have an American (Karl urban) pretending to be British and a British person (simon pegg) pretending to be American. Hurt my brain a bit :headpain:

I thought Karl Urban was a Kiwi , I assume it is supposed to be a British accent though

• Like 3

Watching the first episode of series 4 of Fargo and just at the start.

Why didn't they get an Irish actor to play the Irish mob boss in the opening scenes ?

That fake American oirish accent is and always has been fuciking embarrassingly bad.

If you want an Irish character, hire a fucking Irish actor for fuck's sake.

Been watching Frank of Ireland. It's a bit hit and miss but when it hits it's fucking hilarious. And fuck me Domhnall Gleeson with a big beard is the spitting image of his dad.

• Like 2

Finished The Killing on the BBC iPlayer (I know I'm about a decade behind everyone else lol ).

Superb.

Season 3 is by far the best IMHO.

Edited by Boojum

Found out about Line of Duty (iplayer) last month and binge watched most of it pretty quickly. I thought it was really good, not really my type of thing usually (corrupt rozzers). Started Vikings now, watched a episode here and there years ago and thought it looked shit but I'm into now, a little bit cheesy, but some of the characters are excellent. Loosely based on history I believe. 

• Like 1

I just finished the first series of line of duty funny enough @KC

Not my usual kind of TV either but I did enjoy it tbf.  Waiting for kid to go bed to start series 2 now.. 

• Like 2

Vikings is quality @KC well worth sticking with, it just keeps getting better. It's also surprisingly historically accurate made me fall in love even more with viking culture.

There was a point where I almost applied to be an extra on that show when they were advertising for them.

It's really good, the characters are very well written and some of their arcs will blow your mind.

E2A: The number of Norse words that are still in use today is lengthy and surprising. 

Edited by NezA
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

I just finished the first series of line of duty funny enough @KC

Not my usual kind of TV either but I did enjoy it tbf.  Waiting for kid to go bed to start series 2 now.. 

I thought Line of Duty was fucking superb :)

Well worth watching :) Superb TV

Spoiler The last series was shit, though :sadwalk: wasn't impressed, it's either just utter underpants, lazy writing and don't expext a satisfying conclusion, or it isn't over yet...

• Like 2

@NezA Have your watched Norsemen?

It's a Vikings spoof. One of the characters plays the same character in both and Ed China managed to get in one episode. 

The Last Kingdom is still my favourite though :king:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching season 4 of Fargo, up to the end of episode 8. Didn't get into the first episode first time I watched it. Glad I gave it another go cos I reckon it's the best series (so far, need to watch it to the end). But enjoying it :)

• Like 1