Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Drive to Survive , Formula 1 on Netflix , I'm not really a Formula 1 fan since the 1980's and 1990's but this is pretty good

as an insight into what goes on behind the scenes

Crime of the Century. :yep:  First episode is on the USA opioid crisis which includes quite a well researched segment on the history of opium, morphine, heroin, and fentanyl.  Depressing subject but very informative. 

• Like 1

"For All Mankind" (AppleTv or off the Danny Torrents) What-if scenarios if NASA hadn't quit the space race at the moon. Quite good if you like space, smoking and the 60's 70's 80's music and fashion.

Discovery on nowtv have finally gotten around to showing Freddy Dodge Mine Rescue! 

Whoop! 

Thoroughly enjoyed it so far, cheers for the heads up :yep: @Saddam

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dodgee said:

Discovery on nowtv have finally gotten around to showing Freddy Dodge Mine Rescue! 

Whoop! 

Thoroughly enjoyed it so far, cheers for the heads up :yep: @Saddam

@Dodgee love all the goldmining on TV now, between Alaska and Oz must have 4 hours a week of best type of reality TV (only kinda I watch)

Dave Turin has his own show now too, check it out if you haven't seen it already

Edited by Bonga
  • Like 5

I've seen the first 2 series of dave turns lost mines yeah:yep: @Bonga, I been saving series 3 for a quiet night to get stoned and binge watch with a big bag of munchies. 

I was pissed right off with discovery coz this last series of gold rush they didn't (still haven't) aired the season finale. 

I managed to find it elsewhere in the end though,  I do like the mining reality shows aye.  I think it's coz my dad worked in quarries for 30 odd years after leaving the army.  I ended up going to work with him a fair bit in my teen years coz I was expelled from school and constantly upto no good when left to my own devices so I've driven and operated a fair bit of heavy plant equipment (without any licenses, in the good old days when health n safety was far less stringent :wassnnme:

He was foreman and blast technician so on the best days I got to see some fucking good bangs too, awesome stuff as a youngster! :yinyang:

• Like 4

Outback opal hunters is another gem :bag:   Some of the specimens they've found are jaw-dropping. There's supposed to be a $1m find this season.   

• Like 6

Nice one @Dodgee its be a blast to know how to operate those big machines, fair play to you great skills to have.

Aye its was a bit all over the place this year, to be expected i guess, bering sea gold just started again looks decent this year, Mr Gold has plans!

• Like 1

Just now, Saddam said:

Outback opal hunters is another gem :bag:   Some of the specimens they've found are jaw-dropping. There's supposed to be a $1m find this season.   

Another great one, make ya wanna go to Oz, well maybe not those flies would do my head in

• Like 2

On 22/04/2021 at 2:42 PM, Boojum said:

Fargo

New series just started. First episode was pretty good.

@Degsy

just started season two of the boys, the first series was brilliant. Just wish someone had told Karl urban to ditch the Australian (I’m guessing supposed to be English) accent. Why have an American (Karl urban) pretending to be British and a British person (simon pegg) pretending to be American. Hurt my brain a bit :headpain:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cursed said:

@Degsy

just started season two of the boys, the first series was brilliant. Just wish someone had told Karl urban to ditch the Australian (I’m guessing supposed to be English) accent. Why have an American (Karl urban) pretending to be British and a British person (simon pegg) pretending to be American. Hurt my brain a bit :headpain:

Gonna watch the new season of Fargo when I've finished The Killing, I think the whole thing is on All4 now that they've shown the first episode on Channel 4 :)

Oh and Karl Urban's a Kiwi ;)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cursed said:

@Degsy

Simon pegg's roll was a nod to the comic book as wee hughie in the comic was based on simon pegg

weehugiecover.jpg?w=600

• Like 1

I saw the 1 million find  in Outback opal hunters on a stream site .

Was well nice.

That and the gold one from oz are both good shows.

I dont know why i cant seem to get into the gold shows from the USA.