Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'm not sure why I never watched The Boys before now , probably because it's about superheroes

but it's not that type of superhero thing . Some genuinely laugh out loud moments in this I'm sure most

people who give it a chance won't regret it.

• Like 4

@Degsy The tv show is quite different from the comic it's based on but I still think it worth a watch good use of the word cunt too :yep:

If ye like the show dig out the comics they make the show look tame lol

Mind don't be a cunt lol

• Like 3

Snowfall is very good i am watching it all again .

Mayans mc is another good one.Kind of a fallow on from S. O .A .

Love and Hate  is  a Irish drama also very good.

Another very good old film with Sean Penn and  a killer soundtrack and good tunes all the way through.

Was Colours.In my book its up their with the Wanderers .Another top films with some cool old songs  in it  from that time.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 1

On 28/03/2021 at 9:13 PM, Dodgee said:

Just watched seaspiracy

Half way through this documentary I made the decision to be a vegan.  Scary stuff when we're looking at the death of all sea life by 2048.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After much cajoling and "give it a chance" from my gf and other people I've started on Outlander. Unfortunately not a series based on the Sean Connery scifi movie - imagine that - or the Jim Caviezel aliens vs vikings film - again, imagine that, but the Scottish romantic drama. 10 episodes in and I love it. Lots of historical and period detail and with it based on a well known period of Scottish history you know a very climactic event is coming up at some point. Very good show so far.

• Like 3

Coming to the end of season 3 of Fargo. Enjoying it, David Thewlis is particularly good as always (big fan of his :) a much underrated actor :( his performance in Mike Leigh's Naked still rates as one of my favourite movie performances ever, he's just fucking stunning, especially when you consider that like with most of Leigh's stuff the dialogue was mostly improvised by the actors during rehearsals, IMHO he should have got the best actor Oscar that year, he wasn't even fucking nominated :headpain: ). Billy Bob Thornton was also particularly good as always in the first season (big fan of his too, if like him too and you've not seen the movie Sling Blade give it a look  :) as well as starring in it he wrote and directed it, based his one man play)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

City on a Hill. 

Produced by Ben Aflick and Matt Damon.

Staring Kevin Bacon as a shady scumbag FBI investigator. 

Loving it so far.:yep:

Shadow and Bone - rifles and sorcery, more His Dark Materials than GOT. Set in a fantasy version of late nineteenth century Russia with a largely unknown British cast and a nod to Tarkovsky's Stalker. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, kal17117 said:

Jupiter's Legacy. 

I really enjoyed it, episode 7 was brilliant. :)  

• Like 1