Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 14/03/2021 at 0:26 PM, Boojum said:

Was looking through Prime Video to see if there's owt worth watching before my month's subscription is up (only got it to watch The Expanse and I've cancelled it now I've finished watching that), there's not much, gave Bosch a try and it was reasonably watchable garbage up to series 5 when it became just plain garbage and I gave up but I've started watching Damages, legal thriller from 2007 starring Glenn Close and I'm actually really enjoying it, nicely twisty plot.

Have you watched 'See' with Jason Momoa ? Pretty good sci-fi action series ;)

On 24/02/2021 at 4:37 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

Watched bit of a sci-fi tv show a while ago but can’t remember what it was of remember it much :rofl:

it was about a group of students in some kind of space program. And one of them is someone importants kid. Also one of them is undercover, they escaped a planet where a guy keeps women as slaves or something. Then the main character gets assigned to a mission and finds out the organisation or whatever is covering up some kind of area which is like an interface to a place with other beings. I think it was set in space. 

anyone have an idea what it is? 

Still trying to find this!! Gone through all my Netflix and prime history! 

@Boojum it was a period of heavy use, and also checking out various spacey shows so could have stitched them together with a bit of my own addition :rofl:  if so I think I should start writing a script for a tv show. It’s getting on my nerves it was really good. 

• Like 2

Decided to re-watch seasons 1-5 of Line of Duty since season 6 starts on Sunday. Even though I've seen them before and so know what happens I'm still engrossed, IMHO one of the high water marks of British TV drama :notworthy:

• Like 1

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, enjoyed the first episode and the GSP cameo, not sure if he's in more (he can't act lol)

Better than Wandavision :)

:oldtoker:

Have never watched any Line of Duty but that's a fair old recommendation from Boojum so will have a look this week, cheers.

-The shield, great old school dirty cop series. It was 1 of my favourite when it came out. Just started it again to see how it's aged. 

- Justified, cop/kentucky based hillbilly gangsters, good watch also

- Britannia, historical drama based on the celts and druids, when the romans invaded. Good watch if you like vikings and that.

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 4:37 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

Watched bit of a sci-fi tv show a while ago but can’t remember what it was of remember it much :rofl:

it was about a group of students in some kind of space program. And one of them is someone importants kid. Also one of them is undercover, they escaped a planet where a guy keeps women as slaves or something. Then the main character gets assigned to a mission and finds out the organisation or whatever is covering up some kind of area which is like an interface to a place with other beings. I think it was set in space. 

anyone have an idea what it is? 

Sounds decent. I watch all the scifi I can get and not seen anything like that... maybe a dream lol:D

• Like 1

We are watching The Flight Attendant. Something different. A dark comedy in the vein of one of the funniest movies "Bridesmaids" 

Watched Sean Penn's 2007 movie "Into The Wild" last evening on Netflix. The true story of Christopher McCandless. Moving and excellent.

Red Dwarf  The Promised Land.  Dave on demand

Quite a lot of this kicks as much as the golden series, plus Norman Lovett  returns as Holly.

On 22/03/2021 at 6:21 PM, Larry Badgeley said:

Watched Sean Penn's 2007 movie "Into The Wild" last evening on Netflix. The true story of Christopher McCandless. Moving and excellent.

Yeah I watched that a long time ago and thought it was really good ,

although I had no idea it was a Sean Penn film , maybe I should read credits or something

Solar Opposites season 2 dropped today, didn't think it was as good as season 1 but enjoyed the segments of the wall story. Episode 7 was quality. :D