Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I enjoyed This Life. A few years ago I ended up chatting to one of the main actors in a pub, and hooked him up with a mate who's a coke dealer lol Bloke was very generous, too, on his way out of the pub he gave me a wrap with the best part of a gram in it to say thanks :) Nice chap (I'm not gonna say which one it was, cos I don't think outing people for drugs is the right thing to do).

Really not a fan of The Waking Dead, zombies bore me and as far as I'm concerned Romero's original Dead trilogy pretty much covered the whole zombie apocalypse thing.

Zombies aren't my thing either, Romero is part of my teenage years (video nasties etc. and the social comment bit is good, Bluewater on a Saturday anyone?) but 28 Days Later is excellent imo...the sequels are terrible though

Just watched the first episode of Fargo on 4od and thought it was really good, Billy Bob Thornton is great, his character seems perfect for him. The only thing is its a bit weird seeing Martin Freeman with an American (kind of semi Canadian "abooty") accent but got used to it fairly quick. Going to stick with it.

I can`t for the life of me find Hir`s post about an old tv show called A Very Peculiar Practice, but I must thank you mate, I watched the first episode last night and it`s some of the best writing I`ve seen in ages, missed it the first time around, but now have both series to watch :)

There's a cool American program on atm called "Jim Hensons Creature Shop Challenge", Its like the apprentice but with Jim Henson lol think its on about the 4th episode so far, its pretty good, some of their creations are amazing!

CreatureShopCast.jpg

:smokin:

eta: Dont think its on english telly but its on streaming sites etc.

Edited by iBMe

There's a cool American program on atm called "Jim Hensons Creature Shop Challenge", Its like the apprentice but with Jim Henson lol think its on about the 4th episode so far, its pretty good, some of their creations are amazing!

:smokin:

eta: Dont think its on english telly but its on streaming sites etc.

Nope, sadly the world lost Jim Henson in 1990, aged 52, a tragic loss to children's (and adult's) entertainment everywhere.

tumblr_ls19z3oqlc1qjoil9o1_400.jpg

RIP Mr Henson, gone but never forgotten. :down:

• Like 4

Enjoyed the second episode of Fargo. Billy Bob Thornton is superb, his quiet menacing of the copper who pulled him over (Colin Hanks - Tom Hanks' son) in the first episode and the post office bloke in the second episode amused me greatly.

E2A And I even think Martin Freeman is good, and normally I can't stand him.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got Fargo recorded but not watched it yet.Me and the mrs tend to be a tad late getting into things - on series 3 of 24 and really enjoying it.

• Like 1

Dinosaurs, 1991 to 1994 Jim Henderson involved, "gotta love me, I'm the baby!"

Edited by Hir

Just finished lillyhammer on netflix 2 seasons, 3rd one later this year really enjoyed it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Crossbones - Set during the golden age of piracy in the 1700s and centers on legendary pirate Blackbeard. - john malkovich is black beard lol

its not really that well made, not grade A imo but just listening to john malkovich monologuing about flaying folk and what nots makes it worth watching.

it has got potential but its off to a bit of shaky start imo.

warning trailer contains spoilers! many, many, spoilers! :yep: dont watch if you want to watch the first episode lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJdrrHm3HhY

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 2