Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

26 minutes ago, ratdog said:

have you seen the original documentary mate?

If you mean the 1989 documentary then yes, probably in 1989. lol 

This series isn't based on the documentary, it follows history up until a certain point then explores an alternative reality where the space race didn't stall and humans setup a base on the moon. 

It's really good. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Saddam said:

If you mean the 1989 documentary then yes, probably in 1989. lol 

lol fucking hell, i didn't know it was that old

tbf you can't tell it's that old because they use such high quality footage, and no annoying presenters to date it

i'll grab a few eps to see what i think :)

• Like 1

On 16/02/2021 at 5:09 PM, Boojum said:

Nice one @willowisp @Saddam @Mugwuffin for mentioning The Expanse, hadn't heard of it before, just watched episode 1 (the first episode is completely free on Amazon Prime, no membership required) and I'm hooked already so done the 1 week of Amazon Prime for 99p trial offer (had a free trial over Christmas that I used to watch the footy and re-watch Utopia lol ) to binge watch the rest :) I know I could probably get it free on Kodi or other yarr :pirate: ways but I just can't be bothered fucking about lol

I'm now on episode 6 of season 3, and for me this is a record as I dont usually watch box sets of tv shows! I'm glad you like it mate, it's a slow and steady builder but stick with it, the tension in later episodes is almost unbearable lol

• Like 3

Tribes of Europe. :yep:  I wasn't expecting much but the first season was fucking excellent, a bit cheesy in places but it's well written and executed, has a GOT vibe to it in the way characters develop. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Lord Varvara is smoking hot. :wub:  

Edited to add - They even used A Wilhelm Scream in one of the episodes. lol  Fucking quality. lol  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, McHazy said:

Not watched American gods yet how closely does it follow the book?

Not read it, so cannot tell. Sorry. Its a visual, visceral, feast ~ a delightful blend of woo, violence, sex and naughtiness in the heavens! And Ian McShane clearly enjoys his role far too much!

• Like 4

Watched one episode of Rob and Ramesh Vs (this one was about art). Really bloody silly Tv, but it did make me laugh quite alot really. It's on the third season now. 

1 minute ago, Degsy said:

Is he ? 

He's a suggestion, try knowing what the fuck you're talking about before you post. :yep:  

• Like 1

Just now, Saddam said:

He's a suggestion, try knowing what the fuck you're talking about before you post. :yep:  

lol

I did , she does actually look pretty nice , funny game for a girl though

• Like 1