Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I think Dead Pixels is OK. It's not great, certainly not up there with the best sitcoms ever or owt like that, but as a sad gamer geek it amuses me and it's pretty much the only comedy that has got close to amusing me recently (apart from Taskmaster, that's IMHO the funniest thing that's been on for ages, just the utter joyous silliness of it, every episode has made me proper laugh out loud at least a couple of times and often more, and that's more than I can say for anything else on telly for the past few years).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phenom said:

even the comedians are crap

there's some great specials on netflix, but not many comedians worth mentioning here in uk, not on telly any way

ronny chieng's is a good one imho

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

Looks like I'll have to seek out The Expanse somewhere else then then if it's on Amazon

I generally don't mind paying for subscriptions but I'm sure Jeff Bezos doesn't really need my cash

• Like 3

The Expanse is has been a huge lockdown beneficiary. Great to see it getting the attention it deserves. I hope any increase in budget and executive interest does not ruin the quality, as so often happens. If Brannon "kiss of death" Braga gets hired, you just know it's shark jump city.

Shame TE couldn't do belters properly; I guess there aren't enough gangling, big headed, 7'+ actors, so punky hair and tats will have to do.

TE was the first TV show to regularly use cinematic zero gee effects. The show's biggest "reality" fail is low gee, which is, counterintuitively, much harder to simulate. If the show stays true to it's real physics ethos this is something they will work on.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Looks like I'll have to seek out The Expanse somewhere else then then if it's on Amazon

I generally don't mind paying for subscriptions but I'm sure Jeff Bezos doesn't really need my cash

The first episode is free on Amazon Prime even if you don't have a subscription. And then if you've not had a free trial for a while you can probably get one (just cancel your payment details before the free trial ends), I've had at least 3 free trials :) Last one was over Christmas and so I'm not eligible for another one yet, but they're doing a week for 99p, which I got just to binge watch The Expanse, I'll cancel it before it goes into the monthly payment. Give the first episode a watch for free then see if you can be bothered with whatever offer you get (free trial or 99p for a week, or whatever), binge watch it in that time then cancel it before the actual monthly membership kicks in. I just can't be arsed pissing around with Yarr :pirate: stuff for the sake of 99p lol The original Channel 4 drama series Utopia is also on Amazon Prime and is well worth a watch/re-watch :)

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Kush Lover said:

Having just finished watching The Wire again it's time to resurrect The Sopranos, I haven't seen it in years. Two legendary series.

I hear theres a Sopranos prequel, 

James Gandolfinis son playing a young Tony S.

Should be good

• Like 2

i use my daughters subscription netflix and amazon, then i have a magic stick cost £80 year for every sports channel on the planet, all the tv channels and movies tv series its just loaded all free after the 80quid

3 hours ago, Saddam said:

If it was a comedy it would've been called the Benioff & Weiss Show, or The Dan & Dave show. :bag:     

i love your sense of humour, grumpy old men before you get old

@Degsy Jeff Bezos did pick up TE after it was axed by Scyfy - a shrewd investment as it turns out!

I could watch on Amazon, but I don't because the verification system is a pain in the arse, and I don't much care for the UI.

The fact that the "informal sector" is superior to official portals says a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

@Degsy Jeff Bezos did pick up TE after it was axed by Scyfy - a shrewd investment as it turns out!

I could watch on Amazon, but I don't because the verification system is a pain in the arse, and I don't much care for the UI.

The fact that the "informal sector" is superior to official portals says a lot.

Dunno man. I'm watching Amazon Prime on a Roku box I bought years ago lol (my TV isn't a 'smart' TV, cos when I bought it I could either get a 'smart' TV or a non-smart one with a bigger screen and higher definition for the same price) and it's probably the best app on that. Dunno about 'informal sector' stuff really, other than KODI, and that's a proper pain in the arse, I use it for live footy that's not on BT Sport (cos I get that free), but movies and TV and stuff it's just a proper pain in the arse, I'd rather pay 99p for a week of not having to piss about  lol

10 hours ago, phenom said:

I have finished watching the original porridge series which is brilliant I am now looking at watching are you being served today's programs are NOT as good 

Porridge is an all time great, will never get old!

3 hours ago, phenom said:

There are NO decent comedies on now days even the comedians are crap but it depends on what you call funny

I'd generally agree but there a few exceptions, Back to Life on BBC in 2019 was superb IMO - well worth a watch!

• Like 1

Anyone remember this blast from the past still holds up today, great comedy. Shows called "Ideal"

I let you keep one eye of your eyes..... But the treats end thereeee....... :rofl:

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 6

Guest Rex Mundi

I apologise from the start... yes this is TV, but old stuff on youtube... but it's a TV series from the past I'm watching at the moment... just for distraction... honest... lol

This is back to 1977, so back then I was not in UK, I was in (then) West Germany, army (BAOR), but we had UK TV available to us in the NAAFI TV room, so I do recall this series...

BUT...this one I link to, it has Humphrey Littleton on it!!!

My hero from ISIHAC, on a daytime TV gameshow... I am shocked... to me he IS ISIHAC, the only thing on BBC I have total respect for :unsure:

But honestly, for me to stoop this low to watch this .... I'm ashamed... I'm watching Terry Wogan FFS!!!

I look forward to the piss take.... lol

9 minutes ago, Saddam said:

For All Mankind. :)  The first episode of Season 2 was on last night, and it was excellent.  

have you seen the original documentary mate?

• Like 1