Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I generally subscribe to netflix for a month every few months and watch everything worth watching in that time

When I start watching Breaking Bad again I know there's nothing worth watching

I haven't sunk to the depths of watching Star Trek though @Saddam :fart:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Degsy said:

I generally subscribe to netflix for a month every few months and watch everything worth watching in that time

Started using streaming sites after a long time of using prime and Netflix. Forgot how much stuff is actually out there. Netflix and prime are a drop in the bucket of content. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Degsy said:

I haven't sunk to the depths of watching Star Trek though 

Your loss. lol TOS is fucking amazing, there are a few turds but like most TV shows, you've got to wade through the shit to find the episodes you really enjoy.  

The Changeling episode has me in tears, the Uhura storyline is so funny.  lol  

• Like 1

Episode 4 of Resident Alien dropped last night, and cheered me right up. lol It's so funny, Alan Tudyk is just amazing and perfectly cast as Hah Re. :alien: 

By far it's the best new TV show of 2021, imo. :yep:     

Edited by Saddam

I have finished watching the original porridge series which is brilliant I am now looking at watching are you being served today's programs are NOT as good 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phenom said:

I have finished watching the original porridge series which is brilliant I am now looking at watching are you being served today's programs are NOT as good 

Do you like Mrs Browns Boys?  Unless your answer to that is yes I wouldn't watch Are you being served, innuendo and bad sexual stereotypes.   I like a good sex joke but as Grouch said it needs to be done by somebody who knows how to do it.  As an example  I'm sorry I haven't a clue does some really crude jokes but with a lot of wit and sly 'nods' to the audience and that is hilarious.

Edited by Hir

On 17/02/2021 at 0:55 PM, Saddam said:

Your loss. lol TOS is fucking amazing, there are a few turds but like most TV shows, you've got to wade through the shit to find the episodes you really enjoy.  

The Changeling episode has me in tears, the Uhura storyline is so funny.  lol  

Yeah , that's the only one I like , seen them all when they were on the BBC back in the day

• Like 2

On 17/02/2021 at 0:05 PM, Degsy said:

When I start watching Breaking Bad again

i tried that. the first time around i was pissed and stoned every night so thoroughly enjoyed it, this time i told my friends they should get on the bandwagon, and sober it was a real disappointment, they could have made the entire series of 5 in two and still required some padding.

don't get me wrong, when it was good and exciting it was great, but those moments were further apart than i remembered. otherwise i kept saying at the end of each episode 'i don't remember it being this slow'

as for the 'fly' episode, that was stunningly bad lol

• Like 1

Up to season 2 episode 4 of The Expanse and absolutely loving it :) So far it's probably the TV series I've most enjoyed since the early seasons of Game of Thrones (before Benioff and Weiss ruined it :sadwalk: I'll never forgive them for the fucking abortion they made of the final two seasons, cos it just ruined the whole thing :frown: ).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Up to season 2 episode 4 of The Expanse and absolutely loving it :) So far it's probably the TV series I've most enjoyed since the early seasons of Game of Thrones (before Benioff and Weiss ruined it :sadwalk: I'll never forgive them for the fucking abortion they made of the final two seasons, cos it just ruined the whole thing :frown: ).

just need a good sense of humour its just comedy

Been on a nostalgia trip and it fills in the 6 -6.30 evening time slot before we have a glass of wine and a joint. Talking Pictures TV on Sky. Scotland Yard or Scales of Justice. Little 30 minute vignettes, it mainly tells stories of crims in London in the early 60's. Loads of actors who became famous and the sets are great. 

9 minutes ago, hash72 said:

just need a good sense of humour its just comedy

If it was a comedy it would've been called the Benioff & Weiss Show, or The Dan & Dave show. :bag:     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hir said:

Do you like Mrs Browns Boys?  Unless your answer to that is yes I wouldn't watch Are you being served, innuendo and bad sexual stereotypes.   I like a good sex joke but as Grouch said it needs to be done by somebody who knows how to do it.  As an example  I'm sorry I haven't a clue does some really crude jokes but with a lot of wit and sly 'nods' to the audience and that is hilarious.

There are NO decent comedies on now days even the comedians are crap but it depends on what you call funny