Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Mindhunter, American Gods, Lupin, The Expanse, Primal. All worth watching. Timeless is OK, pretty much a modern day Sliders..

Star Trek Discovery is drivel. Impressively bad, even. The Stand had some promise (apocalypse) and decent character development but it quickly turns into a born again Christian story (to be fair it is obvious early on).

@Saddam  Worth checking out 'Lost Relics of the Knights Templar' if you haven't already. Same sort of thing as COI but more interesting and a bit less silly..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, uBercaMeL said:

Primal

:notworthy:  I've always been a fan of Genndy's work but Primal has really struck a chord with me, just because it's so fucking beautiful and bonkers at the same time. :wub:  

• Like 1

Watching Frankie Boyle Live : Excited for You to See and Hate This on the iPlayer.

"I stopped caring about my appearence when I realised the reason women weren't having sex with me was my personality." :rofl::yep:

• Like 2

Now I'm binge-watching Fight for First: Excel Esports on iPlayer cos the first episode got me hooked lol

It's a documentary about a League of Legends esport team. Now I don't watch esports and to be brutally honest the term 'esports' seems silly to me, playing computer games isn't my idea of sport lol Don't get me wrong, I fucking love computer/videogames, been a videogame addict since the first time I played Space Invaders as a little kid (I can move the pictures I see on the telly screen ? :shock: that's some kind of futuristic sorcery) :rofl:

But I love playing them.

Watching other people play them ? :nea:

But I'm enjoying this, it's fascinating, a whole subculture (in fact the viewing figures for esports seem to suggest it's more than a sub- anything) that I didn't know was out there. Gaming as a spectator sport, it's mad lol

Though having said that I remember when I was a kid a bunch of people in the arcade gathered around to watch when I completed Shinobi on 1 credit so I guess there is a spectator appeal for some folks, just seems a bit weird to me, only time I ever watched people play in arcades was when I was waiting for them to die so I could have a game lol

• Like 2

New series of Dead Pixels starts on E4 tonight :) I loved the first series, thought the affectionate (and often very rude) lampooning of 'hardcore gamers' was spot on and very funny :)

I think this is a must watch for me and the missus. Its Adam Curtis new thing, extract below and then link below the extract. I reckon this will be shit hot. It starts on 11th February.

The films trace different forces across the world that have led to now, not just in the West, but in China and Russia as well. It covers a wide range – including the strange roots of modern conspiracy theories, the history of China, opium and opiods, the history of Artificial Intelligence, melancholy over the loss of empire and, love and power. And explores whether modern culture, despite its radicalism, is really just part of the new system of power.

https://deadline.com/video/adam-curtis-bbc-cant-get-you-out-of-my-head/

Edited by Comrade Stoker
  • Like 5

Resident Alien lol Had to give it a go seeing as Alan Tudyk is playing lead, and I've always liked his characters. :)  Episode one was kinda Coneheads x Diagnosis Murder but did make me chuckle. :tv_horror:    

Having just finished watching The Wire again it's time to resurrect The Sopranos, I haven't seen it in years. Two legendary series.

• Like 3

Watched "It's a sin". OK but the fact he was quite proud of spreading HIV/AIDS when he refused to get his test results was a bit of a put off. 

Re watching an all time favourite, and I think it's going to be just as good 2nd time around. Fargo (series) on Netflix. Billy Bob Thornton is just brilliant.

• Like 2

Guest Rex Mundi

You tell them Hilda... yes, Stan is innocent...

okay, you may need to go back a show or two to understand, but hey, this is real for me... lol 

WARNING!

this is just where I am up to in this series, it is a playlist...

On 15/01/2021 at 5:53 PM, Clumsy said:

I've managed 10 mins of Wandavision and I'm out

:oldtoker:

I feel your pain having sat through 3 excruciating episodes :tv_horror: but it does kind of pay off when you watch  episode 4. :) Just hop back on and start at 4. lol  

• Like 1

Watching season 4 of Fargo at the moment, one episode a week. Going to rewatch the first three seasons after. Loved the V.M Varga character in season 3, an all time great villain. 

• Like 2