Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just now, theokoles said:

wierd as fk.

Have you borrowed @Boojum's dictionary? lol  

Watched I am a Killer, I got the distinct impression that all of them were full of shit, unremorseful, and willing to say any old bollocks they thought might reflect positively on upcoming parole hearings. 

Freddy Dodge's Mine Rescue. :yep:   He and Juan visit unprofitable gold mines run by what can only be described as fucking idiots, then fix everything. lol   

• Like 1

Just now, Saddam said:

Have you borrowed @Boojum's dictionary? lol  

In fairness my spelling is generally good, it's just that one word I've always had problems with :headpain: I before E except after C and a few other bloody awkward words, one of which I always seem to get wrong :frown:

• Like 1

Guest theokoles
47 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Watched I am a Killer, I got the distinct impression that all of them were full of shit, unremorseful, and willing to say any old bollocks they thought might reflect positively on upcoming parole hearings. 

All except Brandon Hutchinson perhaps and one other whose name escapes me. He seemed genuinely remorseful, eventually. He was diagnosed with cancer 10 days after filming and died the following year.

Just started watching the second series of "Iron Fist" from Marvel after finishing "Wu Assassins" which has the actor from "The Crying Freeman" in it(blast from the past). 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Guest Rex Mundi
On 15/01/2021 at 2:10 AM, Saddam said:

Even iplayer is exempt from it's own licensing terms, but seeing as you need to register to view, and you probably couldn't prove you've never watched anything live on iplayer, I've always avoided it. 

This is a bit confusing... I do log on to bbc online, to listen to radio 4, but just now, I tried watching eg carpet bowls from the 19th, three days old, and as I hit play button the big notice came up saying 'you must be a TV license holder to continue.... etc.'

I didn't bother, I was just testing.

:smokin:

Death of Stalin on BBC iPlayer is funny. Not sure if its already posted, I don't check in on this thread as much as I should. Death of Stalin is done by one of the Partridge writers, who did Thick Of It, the Armando Inuchi guy. Paul Whitehouse is in it, and Paul Whitehouse is fucking great. I think him, Harry Enfield, Bob Mortimer go down in history as good servants to British Comedy.

• Like 6

Just now, Comrade Stoker said:

Death of Stalin on BBC iPlayer is funny. Not sure if its already posted, I don't check in on this thread as much as I should. Death of Stalin is done by one of the Partridge writers, who did Thick Of It, the Armando Inuchi guy. Paul Whitehouse is in it, and Paul Whitehouse is fucking great. I think him, Harry Enfield, Bob Mortimer go down in history as good servants to British Comedy.

Superb film. It's actually co-written and directed by Armando Ianucci himself :)

• Like 4

@Saddam

Where can I find freddie dodge mine rescue mate??

Looked on discovery/now/prime/Netflix.. no joy.

Giz us a clue???

I really enjoy the gold rush series and Freddie's a legend :yep:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dodgee said:

Where can I find freddie dodge mine rescue mate??

It's on Discovery+ :yep:  The most recent episode (4) was brilliant, Freddy and Juan help out 3 teenage lads who dream of mining gold full-time for their Dad. :)

Freddy's mining knowledge is encyclopaedic.  lol  and Juan is a master fabricator, his kitted out truck is just amazing.     :notworthy: 

Just watched episode 2 of Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch, seriously, you folks need to watch this. lol Fuck Oak Island, this blows it away.  

Edited to add - I should state that parts of MABFR definitely feel scripted, staged and fake but what they found tonight looked real, and old,  I'm on the fence as to whether it's genuine or not but it's compelling viewing for sure. 

Edited by Saddam

I have to agree MABFR is a bit stage, but at least they find stuff, as much as I enjoy wasting 42 mins of my life watching Oak Island( seven years!!), I fuckin wish they would find some stuff a bit more exciting than another 'top pocket' horse shoe or bit of potential old metal, but it is gripping me still, but MABFR look like its going to be a lot better, 3 eps in and they have found stuff already. 

Has anyone seen Outback Opal Hunters?, thats really good as well, and opal is a lot prettier than gold...

I don't have Discovery or any of that stuff so I just steal it all from the internet, Easy (but spelled like the NWA rapper) TeeVee (without the E's)dot RE for daily torrents....Hope that trying to crapply hide the addy is not breaching any rules....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer Fett said:

I fuckin wish they would find some stuff a bit more exciting than another 'top pocket' horse shoe or bit of potential old metal

Did you watch it the other day? lol Gary 'No H' Drayton the fucking metal detecting expert "Gold!!" lol    Jack Begley "That looks like gold" :sweaty: Narrator "Gold? could it be possible.." :wanker:  

Metallurgy expert "Brass" :doh:  

Has anyone seen Outback Opal Hunters?, thats really good as well, and opal is a lot prettier than gold...

Love it, opal has always been my favourite gemstone. 

I have to agree MABFR is a bit stage, but at least they find stuff

Yeah, they can keep all the skinwalker and animal mutilation bollocks :soap:  but finding coins, and that crazy dive in episode 2 had me pausing the video and rewatching it a few times. I hope it wasn't filmed in some underwater set.  

• Like 2

On 19/01/2021 at 11:49 PM, Joint hogger said:

did you see Death to 2020  ?

i watched this last night and thought it was well made, very dry.

@Saddam I don't know which version you watch, but I download the US version and the voice over bloke is fucking gold, he was brilliant in the first 3 seasons or so but has toned it down a bit now...Everything used to be "could it be...templar gold/ jesus toenails/ shakespears scripts/", I was watching it with a mate/workmate and they visited a church in Scotland and there was a carving of what could have been corn, before it should have been in Europe, and the voice over guy let loose with "cooorn?, in a church?", that became a saying for a bit...yes, we are sad as fuck lol.

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Did you watch it the other day? lol Gary 'No H' Drayton the fucking metal detecting expert "Gold!!" lol    Jack Begley "That looks like gold" :sweaty: Narrator "Gold? could it be possible.." :wanker:  

Metallurgy expert "Brass" :doh: 

Hey, don't dis Gazza, he's got a magic beeping carrotlol, and a fucking odd accent Hull via Florida...lol

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Yeah, they can keep all the skinwalker and animal mutilation bollocks :soap:  but finding coins, and that crazy dive in episode 2 had me pausing the video and rewatching it a few times. I hope it wasn't filmed in some underwater set.  

Yep, completely agree, keep all that crap to other programs, or go the whole hog and drag bigfoot in to it as well:thumsup:, but finding stuff is always a bonus in these programs, could it be a crate of rocks in a big underground puddle.....?lol

• Like 1