Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I started watching The Pharmacist on Netflix. I am enjoying it. Its a documentary about a father who investigates his own sons murder, which then leads him into the murky world of prescribed Opiates, particularly Oxycontin. 

• Like 2

lilyhammer on netflix......      Sal (Salvatore from the sopranos, not sol from breaking bad) and quite a few cameo's too. Not as dark/violent as soprano's but much funnier......8.5/10

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 7:17 AM, Saddam said:

The Watch :) I thought the first episode was rather good, it's nice to see more of Terry Pratchett's work being adapted for TV. :notworthy:  A real shame he's not around to see it. :( 

RIP Sir Terry Pratchett. :yinyang:  

Gonna have to give that a look later :) Hope it's more like the superb adaptation of Good Omens than the fucking awful attempts Sky made of some of the Discworld novels years ago with a tragically miscast David Jason :ouch:

I'm still re-watching the original Channel 4 Utopia with the free month of Amazon Prime I got over Christmas - I've never paid for it, did a free 30 day trial ages ago and every so often they email me with another free month offer :) just cancel it before the month is up, there's never more than a month's worth on there to watch anyway lol (there's also an American remake but I'm not remotely interested in that :nea: why remake perfection ? :unsure: ). Just brilliant, one of my favourite drama series ever.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2021 at 7:17 AM, Saddam said:

The Watch :) I thought the first episode was rather good, it's nice to see more of Terry Pratchett's work being adapted for TV. :notworthy:  A real shame he's not around to see it. :( 

RIP Sir Terry Pratchett. :yinyang:  

The Serpent, quite a dark offering from the BBC but enjoyed the first episode. :)   

Really ?

Terry's daughter was rippin intae them last I seen anything about it will give it a look see

• Like 1

Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch. It's basically another speculative treasure hunt similar to the Curse of Oak Island but based at near Skinwalker Ranch so expect alien references. :alien:   At least they found something of value in episode 1, which is more than can be said about the Joke Island posse. lol  

No wood sniffing as of yet, but time will tell. 

• Like 2

Haha I missed that meme lol.

I like to think I watch COOI for anthropological reasons as it's like a 101 of logical fallacies/how not to think. Mostly appeals to ignorance I spose though.. Perfect shit to feed people you want stupid innit.. But I'm probably lying to myself  lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uBercaMeL said:

Perfect shit to feed people you want stupid innit..

Perfect shit? Could it be possible this perfect shit was left by the Knights Templar? Some ancient archeologist theorists believe it could. lol  

Honestly, Rick & Morty [sic] could've saved about $12 million by staying at home, and used that money to buy 200 kilogrammes of real gold. Fucking dickheads. 

Lets drill here lads, and here, and here.. We found this spoon. A spoon? Could it be possible.. :wanker:   

• Like 2

lol lol 'And if this wooden spoon was left by the Knights Templar, then [speculation leading to another completely unprovable/undisprovable hypothesis]' lol Actually wouldn't surprise me if they were written by AI at this stage.. Worrying thought we are descending into an echo chamber of stupidity of our own creation.. Like twitter but for reality itself.. Yep, stoned..

• Like 3

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 11:17 PM, Billy2Hats said:

Am I imagining it or has Vikings turned a bit shit?

I've never seen it from the first series, just a couple of episodes here and there but I just couldn't get into it. I know it might not be fair to judge it from a few episodes but anything pre 15th century usually really floats my boat.

The Last Kingdom is pretty ace if you like the Viking theme :) 

not as good as the books of course ( @stummer)   lol 

• Like 2

@KC

My impression is the first few seasons of Vikings were vastly better than the current season....I saw some of The Last Kingdom on BBC a couple of years back and quite enjoyed it...tbh I'm not really a fan of Bernard Cornwell...I prefer Tim Severin's viking books or for the real deal Snorri Sturluson...Njal's Saga and King Harald's Saga...absolutely stunning literature imo..

Edited by Billy2Hats
  • Like 1

I realise I've already given this one a heads up, but after finishing the first season of Coyote, I can honestly say it's absolutely brilliant. :notworthy:    Michael Chiklis, who you may recognise as the Thing in Fantastic 4, is superb in this role as a retired border patrol officer trying to live a peaceful life in Mexico. :)      

• Like 2