Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 14/01/2014 at 7:44 PM, Boojum said:

I'm pretty close to finishing Treme :sadwalk:

Brilliant series.

So I need some suggestions for a new series to download and get into :)

Any suggestions ?

I'll list the shows I've already seen that I really liked :

The Wire

Deadwood

Justified (I know the new season of Justified has started, but I'm waiting for it to finish so I can watch it in one go, that's kinda how I like watching TV stuff nowadays)

Boardwalk Empire

Ray Donovan

Breaking Bad

Dexter

The Shield

Oh, and it goes without saying that I've seen all of and a massive fan of Game of Thrones - roll on spring :)

Erm, that's it off the top of my head, there are probably more. Watched Vikings and enjoyed it - wasn't a classic like the above, but was decent enough. I watched Hannibal, thought it was a bit meh. Thought Sons of Anarchy was OK for the first few series, but lost interest, partly, but not completely, because of all the IRA bollocks, which was awful AND having American actors doing embarrassingly bad Irish (and Scottish) accents annoys the piss out of me. Bates Motel was shit. The first season of American Horror Story was OK, but I gave up on season 2 after about 4 episodes cos it was just a mess, trying to do too many things and as a consequence not doing any of them at all well. Watched a little bit of Hell on Wheels but thought it was atrocious, some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard. So all of those are out.

Cheers.

Orphan black 

I've been watching Botom again recently, already on the last episode, and probably watch the Live shows after. all episodes can be found at the top of a google search:yep:

Bottom season 1 episode 1

• Like 3

On 08/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, Saddam said:

Is it just me that thinks the Mandalorian is better than all the SW prequels, sequels and spin-offs? :starwars:  

Think Rogue One has a good Star Wars feel about it, I like the Imperial Droid :)

The Harmy version of SW and Empire are great, worth looking at if you've not seen them

Haven't watched the Project 4k77 ones yet but they look good too.

ATB 

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, Saddam said:

Is it just me that thinks the Mandalorian is better than all the SW prequels, sequels and spin-offs? :starwars:  

Its the most star warsy thing they done since the og trilogy tho I agree rogue one was pretty good specially that bit wi Vader rippin through em at the end

• Like 1

Watched it earlier, I thought the first episode was pretty good. :)  Much better than the 90's version. 

30 Monedas aka 30 coins. Spanish horror by HBO, it's pretty sick, and not very Christmassy, but quite good. lol   The Omen meets The Thing. :tv_horror:   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

I saw "Into the badlands" mentioned a few pages back,

but I think that was before the series was completed.

It had me hooked from the beginning :D 

Now I'm just started watching the second series of Warrior,

love it.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

No idea if it’s been mentioned as I’ve not read through, but I recently finished ‘black sails’ on amazon prime. Really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Rick & Morty is just amazing, I watch episodes every day. lol There are a few episodes which aren't to my taste but that's more than made up for by the outstanding episodes. :tv_horror:  

The Ricks must be crazy is my favourite, followed by Mortynight Run. :D  

Anyone who says it's for kids definitely hasn't watched it. lol 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 5