Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Been watching the queens gambit.  Quite compelling watching.  Lustrous cinematography with stunning period back drops and architecture.  It's one to watch.  

Probably already been mentioned.

;)

The Queen's Gambit was the bollocks but I was in chess club... But the wife also loved it.

I'll throw a recommendation behind "The End of the F**cking World"

Netflix. Binge worthy.

• Like 2

Just starting to watch the final series of The Bridge on the iPlayer. Big fan of 'scandi-noir' and The Bridge is one of the best, and I think Sofia Helin is superb as Saga :)

8 hours ago, Saddam said:

Working my way through the original Twilight Zone seasons again, thanks for the amazing stories Mr Serling. :notworthy:   

Oh, to channel his vibe... so fucking cool.

I Love them - going to do the same again even though I probably know the scripts! ...Quite liked the 80's ones too. The most recent? Kinda forgot about it two episodes in. :thumbdown:

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seasons 10 and 11 of the docuseries Sé Mo Laoch available on the tg4 player, each episode is an hour long portrait of a renowned musician/singer. I've had a hard time getting into anything on netflix lately so this is just the tonic. 

On 11/22/2020 at 7:10 AM, Saddam said:

Working my way through the original Twilight Zone seasons again, thanks for the amazing stories Mr Serling. :notworthy:   

have you watched the new ones on sky... very disappointing.  Maybe it’s a genre thing.  I loved the old ones! 

Edited by Raoul
  • Like 1

On 01/04/2019 at 6:26 PM, Saddam said:

Twilight Zone has suffered a reboot. :soap:  The first episode is pure :soap::soap::soap:.  I'm don't think Rod Serling would be impressed with the unimaginative storyline, the unnecessary foul language, the poor delivery from wooden actors, or the dumb and predictable ending. :soap:  

Embarrassing 0/10. 

On 02/04/2019 at 3:24 PM, Saddam said:

Twilight Zone episode 2 - Nightmare at 20,000 30,000ft. :soap: :taz:  :soap:   

The original was directed by Donner and starred  Shatner :notworthy:   it was remade with Lithgow  for Twilight Zone movie. :notworthy:   

And now it's been millennialified to this :soap:  :soap:  :fart::puke:  

@Raoul Here are my thoughts on Twilight Zone. lol   Gave up after 2 episodes. :(  

Quite enjoying Big Sky so far, it's pretty dark and has John Carroll Lynch in it. :)  

On 06/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Saddam said:

Your Honor. :yep:  First episode was great, I'll watch anything with Bryan Cranston being dodgy. lol    

I likes this. 

@Saddam have you watched Warrior a series that is based on the 

the writings of Bruce Lee. 

Peace out. 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 2:03 AM, Saddam said:

Warrior. :notworthy:   Based on Bruce Lee's writings, a crime drama following the gang wars of San Francisco during the late 19th century. :ninja:  The first episode was excellent. 

:pitchfork:   

Yeah man, I fucking love this show. lol 

• Like 1

On 06/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Saddam said:

Your Honor. :yep:  First episode was great, I'll watch anything with Bryan Cranston being dodgy. lol    

I likes this. 

@Saddam have you watched Warrior a series that is based on the 

the writings of Bruce Lee. 

Peace out. 

How far are have you got. 

1 hour ago, kal17117 said:

How far are have you got. 

Watched the season 2 finale a couple of days ago. :)  

the nunchaku fight scene was fucking brilliant

lol   [/spoiler]   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1