Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I was gonna watch it as well , I heard the Coen brothers really had nothing to do with it so I'm wondering if its going to be very different to the film

Billy Bob Thornton is in it though isn't he ? He's usually worth watching

But yeah , a lot to live up to

yeah im glad i went back and finished watching :wassnnme: as its a very different story and billy bob's charicter is pritty good in it, definitely gonna watch the next episode. i think i was really put off by martin freemans character and that it wasnt the film lol but once you get past those things and view as a different entity its not that bad.

edit - imo the major thing its missing in comparison with the the quality of the film is a good atmospheric score. the music in fargo really set the tone and it's quality is missing from this imo. but as i said- you really have to disenfranchise this from the film to enjoy it lol

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 2

I just got finished watching Black Sails, not a bad little series really. Starz obviously don't have HBO budget, but its worth watching, and its only 8 episodes too :)

Just watched it.

Fair do's, I enjoyed it.

Strange, silly, funny, dark. Pretty good :) (and Billy Bob Thornton is, of course, excellent)

Saw this a while back and totally forgot about it.. Nice one guys will get on it later.

Loved the original Cohen brother flick, but it's been years since I seen it so hopefully won't get caught up comparing the two

Has anybody seen Mad Men ? It's one that the critics seem to love but I don't know anybody who has actually watched it

• Like 1

Has anybody seen Mad Men ? It's one that the critics seem to love but I don't know anybody who has actually watched it

my missus loves it but ive never taken to it

• Like 1

Yeh I've watched them all and quite enjoy it, it's one of those series where you keep watching once you've invested in the characters and want to see where their stories lead, it's well made and great cast I personally would recommend it.

• Like 1

I thought Shetland was very good. I think the actual crimes are pretty good but not brilliant the thing that makes it work is Detective Inspector Jimmy Perez, a fantastic portrayal by Douglas Henshall. Never heard or seen him before but I think he made himself a star with this performance. In fact all the performances are good and are, really more than anything else, what glues the show together.

I thought Shetland was very good. I think the actual crimes are pretty good but not brilliant the thing that makes it work is Detective Inspector Jimmy Perez, a fantastic portrayal by Douglas Henshall. Never heard or seen him before but I think he made himself a star with this performance. In fact all the performances are good and are, really more than anything else, what glues the show together.

Hmm, a load of people talking in a Scottish accent, no ta.

Just about to start watching Band of Brothers, I've never seen it, it's supposed to be good...

Orphan Black series 2 has just started.

Tatiana Maslany is still superb.

It's hard to say any more without dropping massive spoilers.

• Like 1

Fargo (channel 4, Sunday night) was good and Freeman's accent was fine; you guys do realise that he's doing a Minnesota accent which is quite Germanic and not the usual yank accent? In fact the accents have been toned-down for the series. Billy Bob's character is obviously the unstoppable force of evil a la most Cohen Bros films, plenty more bad-assery to come from him no doubt :)

Edited by Wiggles41

has anyone mentioned trailer park boys?

Excellent Canadian fly on the wall spoof, about weed growers in a trailer park.

Sometimes stupid at times very poignant.

• Like 3

"Freeman's accent was fine; you guys do realise that he's doing a Minnesota accent which is quite Germanic and not the usual yank accent?"

Thanks for not being patronising at all...