Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just finished watching series 3 of The Bridge on the BBC iPlayer. I really like it, I really like Saga, that inability to do the social stuff, the way she appears to come across as rude or uncaring just cos she doesn't really get social interaction, doesnt know the right things to say (or even that there is a right thing to say) that's just me. As she says in one episode "Not unstable, just different." :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:05 PM, uBercaMeL said:

Lovecraft Country

Is it any good ?

Massive fan of H P Lovecraft (his imagination and ideas, not him as a person, I know he was an appalling racist :sadwalk:). As I understand it it's kinda an examination of that theme, the racism and bigotry :unsure:

I'm currently watching The Missing on the BBC iPlayer. Enjoying it would perhaps be the wrong term, not really the kind of thing you enjoy, but finding it compelling.

Just watched utopia on prime a conspiracy theory type TV show about a virus lol

Marmite TV at its finest I enjoyed it thoroughly lol

26 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Just watched utopia on prime a conspiracy theory type TV show about a virus lol

Marmite TV at its finest I enjoyed it thoroughly lol

Not seen the US version. Not sure I want to cos I loved the original Channel 4 one :)

E2A Wish they'd done a 3rd series of the original instead of an American remake :sadwalk:

Eagain2A Though I see the US version was adapted by Gillian Flynn, who wrote Sharp Objects, which I thought was superb :) So I may give it a go.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Rick and Morty Spinoff "solar opposites" has a great debut season. Can't wait for series 2. (there'd better be a series 2)

Also feel like southpark has come back into good form, the last couple of seasons and the pandemic special have all made me howl at times. 

On 17/10/2020 at 1:22 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

New Star Trek discovery!

pew pew, explosions, death, death, death, more explosions, pew pew, easter egg, explosions, multiple deaths for no reason, unstable dilithium, I like science, pew pew. lol 

Fucking show is 1 light short of 5. 

45 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Not seen the US version. Not sure I want to cos I loved the original Channel 4 one :)

E2A Wish they'd done a 3rd series of the original instead of an American remake :sadwalk:

Eagain2A Though I see the US version was adapted by Gillian Flynn, who wrote Sharp Objects, which I thought was superb :) So I may give it a go.

The UK version will always be better, was the perfect storm of writing and acting ability imo. Probably one of the better american remakes, some of the reviews said it was 'too violent' lol Don't think they watched the origional.

• Like 1

The Tick on prime, I'm not really a superhero fan (bar Umbrella Academy and The Boys) but I really enjoyed this - pretty sure this was a cartoon many years ago :g:

• Like 1

Just seen that the US version has John Cusack in it :) Reckon that makes up my mind, I'll give it a watch (big fan of John Cusack, think he should be a much bigger star than he is, IMHO he's got both the acting talent and the charisma to be a proper MOVIE STAR but somehow isn't :sadwalk: he must have a shit agent lol )

• Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

Just seen that the US version has John Cusack in it :) Reckon that makes up my mind, I'll give it a watch (big fan of John Cusack, think he should be a much bigger star than he is, IMHO he's got both the acting talent and the charisma to be a proper MOVIE STAR but somehow isn't :sadwalk: he must have a shit agent lol )

I blame his weird, yet somehow hot sister ;)

• Like 1

lol

Daft drunk fact I know for some bizarre reason - all the Cusack siblings - John, Joan and Ann appeared in Grosse Point Blank (excellent film) :)

E2A I used to be really good at pub quizzes lollollol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Boojum said:

Is it any good ?

Massive fan of H P Lovecraft (his imagination and ideas, not him as a person, I know he was an appalling racist :sadwalk:). As I understand it it's kinda an examination of that theme, the racism and bigotry :unsure:

I'm currently watching The Missing on the BBC iPlayer. Enjoying it would perhaps be the wrong term, not really the kind of thing you enjoy, but finding it compelling.

Overall yes it's quite good. The first episode was better than the following few though, and it kind of becomes a better version of american horror story.. But a few of the episodes have been great..

Gonna have a look at The Missing now.. ;) 

• Like 1

Fair do's there's some good stuff on the BBC iPlayer. The original Swedish/Danish The Bridge is IMHO superb (though the iPlayer only has the first 3 series, not the final one) and all 5 series of Line of Duty are utterly brilliant :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Fucking show is 1 light short of 5. 

What does that mean? 

not sure if you like it or don’t :rofl: 

• Like 2