Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 19/09/2020 at 2:41 PM, KC said:

My mate was taking the piss because i was watching this. Reminds me i've got to carry on. He's starred in a film, it's about the battle of Manzikert, i think it's called Malazgurt, i hope they release it over here, that'll be sick! 

why was he taking the piss!?  

you talking about the actor who plays ertugrul?    he's in a new series being released soon " barbrossa"

Edited by dill786

9 hours ago, dill786 said:

why was he taking the piss!?

He just thinks it's terrible I think. I've got a bit of an obsession with anything pre 15th century which probably doesn't help.

This is a guy who doesn't think Norsemen is funny so i'm not paying much heed to his taste lol 

58 minutes ago, KC said:

He just thinks it's terrible I think. I've got a bit of an obsession with anything pre 15th century which probably doesn't help.

This is a guy who doesn't think Norsemen is funny so i'm not paying much heed to his taste lol 

My wife  bought me a suit of 15th armour, I tried it on, but I think it makes me look middle-aged !     

eta SORRY ...taxi

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 5

watched the first episode of "raised by wolves" last night by ridley scott, pretty good so if the rest of the series is this good it should be a cracker. full on sci-fi!

• Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 4:28 AM, Joint hogger said:

The new Long Way Up has started

Enjoying this much the same as I enjoyed the previous 2.

Unfortunately though Ewan McGregor is becoming a bit annoying in this more so than the other 2 series.

I started watching the first 2 with the opinion of liking McGregor and tolerating Boorman. Now I have more respect for Boorman but think McGregor is a bit of a knob. Why he feels it necessary to  constantly switch vocally into English gentry style character voice, i don’t know?

Perhaps he was after the new James Bond job at the time.

Also it is a bit strange that every village they came to they seem to head straight for the local primary school or kids park :g:

Still. onto episode 4 next and it is good so far.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 9:13 AM, Jimboo said:

My wife  bought me a suit of 15th armour, I tried it on, but I think it makes me look middle-aged !     

eta SORRY ...taxi

That reminds me of the line in Red Dwarf ...

• Like 1

USA version of Utopia, personally, I think it's better than the UK one. The story's more cohesive, and it's definitely helped by a much larger budget, good writing and thoughtful casting. :) 

Watched all 8 episodes in a day. lol  

21 minutes ago, Saddam said:

USA version of Utopia, personally, I think it's better than the UK one. The story's more cohesive, and it's definitely helped by a much larger budget, good writing and thoughtful casting. :) 

Sacrilege :eek:

Not watched it yet mind lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Oooh didnt know the US version was out, is Mr Rabbit still in it ?

& just in case you've missed this, season 3 starts next spring in the UK.

• Like 2

The entire series of Malcolm In The Middle is available on All4 (the online Channel 4 streaming thingy).

In my honest opinion it's one of the best American sitcoms ever, genuinely anarchic and anti-establishment (in a way that Family Guy tries to be and fails) and consistently funny over the entire 7 series :)

Really one of my favouritest TV shows ever :)

E2A Bryan Cranston being great at comedy long before he was great at drama in Breaking Bad :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4