Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Sharpe's Company.  I'd  forgotten how good these were, but the star of this episode was Pete Postlethwaite as  Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswill as evil an incarnation as ever walked.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 1:51 AM, Joolz said:

Godless on Netflix :yep: 

Oh yes , it's really good , never heard of it and it's from 2017 , why do all the shit shows get the publicity ?

On 02/07/2020 at 7:29 PM, Mystery_420 said:

I really enjoyed Umbrella Academy, any other fans of it here?

One here. Season 2 coming end of this month :magic:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hir said:

but the star of this episode was Pete Postlethwaite as  Sergeant Obadiah 

I was lucky enough to see him perform at the Royal exchange in Manchester. Mesmerising, kinda spoiled the play because your eyes were drawn to him even when he wasn't speaking, his acting was that good. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sam-i-am said:

I was lucky enough to see him perform at the Royal exchange in Manchester. Mesmerising, kinda spoiled the play because your eyes were drawn to him even when he wasn't speaking, his acting was that good. 

Steven Spielberg is reported as saying  Pete Postlethwaite  was the best actor he had ever worked with.

31 minutes ago, sam-i-am said:

One here. Season 2 coming end of this month :magic:

I didn't know that! Thank you for the good news :hippy:

wu tang clan of mics and men 

i wouldn't say i was a wu tang clan fan personally but i am now listening to method mans judgement day for the first time in 20 years :smokin:

well worth a watch :yep:

• Like 2

On 6.7.2020 at 0:37 PM, highcontrast said:

wu tang clan of mics and men 

i wouldn't say i was a wu tang clan fan personally but i am now listening to method mans judgement day for the first time in 20 years :smokin:

well worth a watch :yep:

Did you watch LA Originals? It’s not a series but well worth mentioning when talking about HipHop.

• Like 2

@Renard i did not know that existed, will be my weekend flix  :yep:

on the music theme, there's a couple of linkin park vids out their, one's an insight into making the minutes to midnight album and another with their colab album with jay-z. both enjoyable :yinyang:

• Like 1

The Business of Drugs. :notworthy:   You'll find it on Netflix, it's quite refreshing watching an ex CIA analyst giving the argument for the legalisation of narcotics in the USA.  

She has a great name lol Amaryllis Fox :wub:  

I've just watched episode 2 and there's a feature on Alexander Shulgin. :notworthy:   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Saddam said:

The Business of Drugs. :notworthy:   You'll find it on Netflix, it's quite refreshing watching an ex CIA analyst giving the argument for the legalisation of all narcotics in the USA.  

She has a great name lol Amaryllis Fox :wub:  

I've just watched episode 2 and there's a feature on Alexander Shulgin. :notworthy:   

I was just about to recommend this , also just watched episode 2 :yinyang:

• Like 3

I was really shocked that they mentioned Alexander Shulgin, brought a tear to my eye that he and his wife Ann are finally getting some recognition for their groundbreaking research. 

They were both at genius level and I don't say that lightly. :notworthy:   Self-testing with unknown hallucinogenic compounds you've just invented, when you don't even know what dose to take requires some serious balls. 

RIP Alexander and Ann Shulgin. :yinyang:    

• Like 4