Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Are you sure the nude scene with the delicious Daenerys Targaryen in episode one didn't have anything to do with you being hooked? :wassnnme:

Nah, I was hooked from the start. The gratuitous nude scene with the utterly gorgeous Daenerys was a Brucie bonus lol lol lol

I'm not a dirty old man, I'm a dirty middle aged man :smug:lol

• Like 2

fargo - mmm not a patch on the film so far, the "true coat" sales pitch... well martin freeman is not a patch on William h'macy imo.

it has to be said its one of my favorite film's so this was never gonna live up to it. but if you haven't seen the film give this shot as the story is good (although i dont see how they are gonna stretch it out to a full 5 episodes.

• Like 5

Didn't even know they'd made a series out of it.

I'll give it a miss, cos I think Fargo is the Coen brothers' best film, a genuine masterpiece.

• Like 2

yep and if you like the film its a shocker, no atmosphere at all and the characters are bit wet by comparison :(

its not as bad as the dusk till dawn tv serialization tho lol that gets a -10 :fart:

Edited by Sancho Panza

Just watched episode 2 of Black Sails and I have to say I'm still not impressed.

I wasn`t convinced by any of the actors tbh, really wanted to like it but I lost intrest after two episodes too

will have another look at Justified when I get the chance, and my supplier isn`t throttling my fucking download speed ;wallbash:

um not to big a man to admitt ive made an error - id like to recant that last post about fargo :ermm: id only watched half of it and i just finished it -

if you ignore the name or any connection to the film and imagine its called something else and actualy mange to make it to the end it wasnt too bad its certainly not the same story as the film, it was was quite shocking tbh, maybe ill give the next episode a go and see how it turns out....

I wasn`t convinced by any of the actors tbh, really wanted to like it but I lost intrest after two episodes too

will have another look at Justified when I get the chance, and my supplier isn`t throttling my fucking download speed ;wallbash:

Maybe a dim thing to say cos I really don't understand these things, but have you tried changing the port that your torrent client uses ?

My torrents were really slow on the default port, I changed the port number a few times and eventually got decent download speeds.

Edited by Boojum

Maybe a dim thing to say cos I really don't understand these things, but have you tried changing the port that your torrent client uses ?

My torrents were really slow on the default port, I changed the port number a few times and eventually got decent download speeds.

nah mate, it`s the provider, I`ve phoned them several times about it before they admitted to doing "tests" by throttling in the evening, so now I have to do any d/ling during the day, right pain in the ass if I`m working

will change suppliers soon I reckon, another pain in the ass

Phone them up and ask for the MAC code - it's the code you need to switch to another broadband provider but if you ask for it they will probably put you through to a sales team and you can negotiate a better price. I did it this time last year with BT and got a good deal for 12 months, I did it again a few weeks ago after that contract ended and got put onto BT Infinity fibre optic, unlimited for the same price :)

• Like 1

Phone them up and ask for the MAC code - it's the code you need to switch to another broadband provider but if you ask for it they will probably put you through to a sales team and you can negotiate a better price. I did it this time last year with BT and got a good deal for 12 months, I did it again a few weeks ago after that contract ended and got put onto BT Infinity fibre optic, unlimited for the same price :)

the only thing holding me back is fibre is just around the corner , literally the next street lol, when it arrives I`m on it :)

• Like 1

ive heard the fargo series talked about on a few podcasts I listen to (joe rogan, doug benson etc), i haven't heard a bad word about it yet, infact quite the opposite, most saying its on par with the film.

as for black sails, im 4 episodes in and its okay, some of the acting is a bit weak but ill probably finish the series. I love the scenery and setting, think that's why im still watching it.

• Like 2

fargo - mmm not a patch on the film so far, the "true coat" sales pitch... well martin freeman is not a patch on William h'macy imo.

it has to be said its one of my favorite film's so this was never gonna live up to it. but if you haven't seen the film give this shot as the story is good (although i dont see how they are gonna stretch it out to a full 5 episodes.

I was gonna watch it as well , I heard the Coen brothers really had nothing to do with it so I'm wondering if its going to be very different to the film

Billy Bob Thornton is in it though isn't he ? He's usually worth watching

But yeah , a lot to live up to

• Like 2

Hmmm. Just looked it up (it's only had 1 episode so far) and actually the reviews are really good. And as you say Degsy it's got Billy Bob Thornton in it, and I am a big fan of him. So I reckon I'll download it and give it a go :)

Just watched it.

Fair do's, I enjoyed it.

Strange, silly, funny, dark. Pretty good :) (and Billy Bob Thornton is, of course, excellent)

• Like 1