Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Currently watching Fleabag. Superb. I think Phoebe Waller-Bridge is so fucking talented (also wrote the screen adaptation for the first, and IMHO by far the best, series of Killing Eve) :notworthy:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

Trackers -  South African crime drama, feels a bit like a hybrid of Homeland and 24.  I'm quite enjoying the story so far, it's refreshing to find a TV show which embraces Afrikaans and English. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

See on Apple TV. Haven’t binge watched anything in a while. 5 episodes in a row in. 

I really love this show, very clever, bleak as fuck and some of the blind fighting sequences/choreography are superbly brutal.  Momoa does a fucking great job. :notworthy:   Season 2 was confirmed after first season finished. 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2020 at 6:39 PM, Hir said:

Think this got buried under CoVid outbreak.  Westworld season 3 is out. available usual places.

Loved season one, season 2 wasn’t quite so good. I gave up after 2 episodes of series  3, it was shit. Does it get better again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Loved season one, season 2 wasn’t quite so good. I gave up after 2 episodes of series  3, it was shit. Does it get better again?

Yes, I wasn't too keen on first couple of episodes of new season, does get better.

I think it helped I rewatched season 2 before hand too because there's such a huge gap between series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLaC said:

Yes, I wasn't too keen on first couple of episodes of new season, does get better.

I think it helped I rewatched season 2 before hand too because there's such a huge gap between series.

just in case my post has spoilers, don't think it does but just in case

I binge watched all of it just before season 3 aired so i was completely up to date. Season 2 just felt full of potential but never quite delivered. Then season 3 had to be a gear shift due to a couple of big characters being dead and the move to the ''real'' world. The change felt really jarring and i couldn't get used to it. Dolores became irritating, jessie pinkman was weird and bernard seemed to suddenly start teleporting a bit like game of thrones. Maybe i'll give it another go, think i might have deleted it though as i was really struggling.

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 1

Binged the whole of What We Do in the Shadows season 2 yesterday afternoon/evening, had no idea it was even out, love it, brilliant comedy imo.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2020 at 4:58 AM, Boojum said:

Currently watching Fleabag. Superb. I think Phoebe Waller-Bridge is so fucking talented (also wrote the screen adaptation for the first, and IMHO by far the best, series of Killing Eve) :notworthy:

She's the guest on the first "Guilty Feminist" podcast, that's well worth a listen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saddam said:

very clever, bleak as fuck and some of the blind fighting sequences/choreography are superbly brutal

Very thought through i thought. It’s on the future but seems like it’s also very representative of the past too like the people’s abilities and stuff. 

Fight scenes were great from the start. Like the way boba follows the sword around the neck. 

People being able to see reminded me of a psychedelic kind of thing. And Dennis McKenna interview where he talks about being on shrooms for week and trying to bring back “technology” :thisbig:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cursed said:

I think they over stretched themselves.  Thought they had  a bigger story to tell than they actually had.  Michael Crichton's Westworld is season one and two really and they should have stopped there.  I loved one and two but only liked season three.  I'll watch season four because I'm a completionist but they should have stopped at two.  I rewatched one and two after finishing three and those are genius imho 

• Like 4