Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

44 minutes ago, Joolz said:

never been a fan of Ricky Gervais but stumbled upon After Life on Netflix tonight and its really funny and also really sad

just binge watched season 1 :yep:

Exactly how I found it. Was told to watch it and it's a comedy but was some proper sad moments through out it. I ain't got onto series 2 yet as only like to watch one thing at a time. Otherwise feel I'm rushing it and not taking it all in.

14 minutes ago, stummer said:

I ain't got onto series 2 yet

its worth watching for  Annette Crosbie's performance lol 

• Like 1

I've been watching the second series now I've been assured that the dog doesn't die. I just had a horrible feeling they'd kill her off :ohmygod:

The psychiatrist comes out with some blinders lol

• Like 2

Rome was a great series. Shame it cost so much to make. If you download it get the British release. 1337 has a bunch of series I've been downloading, might have to do a rewatch.

Edited by PlanetCaravan

Have you tried Penny Dreadful?

Trued Detective (season 1)

Westworld (season 1)

I thoroughly enjoyed these.

Not a recommendation really. But I've just started watching Taboo on the BBC Iplayer, starring Tom Hardy (dunno if it's any good) and it just occurred to me (cos I've had a few ciders and spliffs lol ) that some actors just have a 'presence' on screen, and Tom Hardy is one of them. They may not be the best actor in the world (though Tom Hardy is a superb actor as well as having it), but they just have something that draws the eye, makes you want to watch them. That's star quality, something that is the difference between being an actor and a STAR. Some stars are also great actors but not all of them by any means, and not all great actors are stars. It's just that thing, charisma or summat (used to be called the X factor but Simon Cowell has cheapened that phrase to the point that it means nothing).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Boojum said:

But I've just started watching Taboo on the BBC Iplayer

Really enjoyed it a few years ago. Season 2 seems to be taking forever though. Got fed up of waiting and will probably need to watch series 1 again to jog my memory when more episodes are released. Good actor is Tom Hardy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bartman said:

Good actor is Tom Hardy.

Superb actor (and IMHO a STAR as well, he's got the acting talent and the screen presence). Have you seen the movie Locke ? If not I highly recommend it. It's just him in a car driving up the motorway in the dark talking on the phone variously to his Mrs, his girlfriend who is going into labour (voiced by the always superb Olivia Colman - I think she's a star too) and his construction company that has a crucial delivery of concrete that has been fucked up. Sounds utterly tedious, but it's an acting tour-de-force by Hardy that makes it totally gripping :notworthy:

E2A And I think he was the best thing in Peaky Blinders

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 5

On 14/05/2020 at 10:28 PM, Boojum said:

Superb actor (and IMHO a STAR as well, he's got the acting talent and the screen presence). Have you seen the movie Locke ? If not I highly recommend it. It's just him in a car driving up the motorway in the dark talking on the phone variously to his Mrs, his girlfriend who is going into labour (voiced by the always superb Olivia Colman - I think she's a star too) and his construction company that has a crucial delivery of concrete that has been fucked up. Sounds utterly tedious, but it's an acting tour-de-force by Hardy that makes it totally gripping :notworthy:

E2A And I think he was the best thing in Peaky Blinders

• Like 3

Monk

Every episode free for Amazon Prime members

125 Episodes

Kinda fitting considering the global situation

• Like 1

Found Shogun by james clavell from 1980 in its entirety free on the tube in one 9hour vid & Im 4 hours into it & its not bad considering when it was made  lol

I should point out that theres no subs when theyre talking Japanese but you get the gist soon enough.

• Like 1

there was a bit where he's offered one of three or all three concubines for the night & he said no so he was offered a boy instead & done his dinger  lol  oh how I laughed  lol

watched the first couple episodes of Succession from HBO last night, really well written and great characters so far well worth having a look imdb 8.5

• Like 1

Only do a series at a time but watched an episode of work on the wild side. About wildlife in South Africa. If not an animal lover you won't like it. I like they ain't tried to make it about the people. Can see the buzz they get from feeding rhinos. Felt bit sad that I feel so happy hand feeding foxes. What is good though is greedy me could see the passion the people have. Made money lover me sit and think how some things are better than money. I feel terrible writing that lol someone cut my Tory card. But nah honestly it was a good watch and I've series linked it.

• Like 1