Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Sapphire and Steel :)

lol Just discovered full versions of every assignment on Youtube :D

Fucking loved it when I was a kid.

Assignment 1

Best ones were the "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag." one on the deserted railway platform (Assignment 2) and the "Yesterday upon the stair I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away." man without a face one (Assignment 4) :fear::D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

@stummer  have you ever seen Underbelly  ?  its Aussie crime drama based on true facts & is well worth a try if you can find it  :pugwash:

I have seen one or two episodes a while back as it happens. There was one done about a bloke called David who escaped from Bangkok's hotel Hilton prison. Was also on Danny Dyer and spoke so posh you'd not imagine him as a drug smuggler. Suppose that's perfect though and shows bit how us poor people think. Will have a look to see if I can find it online. Always nice to watch crime in Australia and then mention it to my aunt lol . She's ended up doing well in life but disconnected from the real world. Goes on like Australia has zero crime because where she lives it's more hidden.

9 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Gangs of London is pretty mental, the fight scenes are very realistic in the way they are filmed...not something to watch before bed or if you have a dodgey ticker though... lol 

Farmer G 

My brother said there was a good torture scene? Only replying as what you say is good is what proper put me off watching it lol . Was thinking it might be bit like top boy but even bit more realistic for most Londoners as felt they played stereotypes too much. Plus made things bit more dramatic for the sake of the viewer. Anyway I saw the trailer with them fighting and thought what a load of bollocks. It's mostly skinny mugs still living at home on a shitty estate being cowards n using a knife over sod all. This series looks like its go Londoners going all out Bruce Lee. Brother said that scene was good but even he laughed at some bloke on there taking out a load of Albanians in the pub. Lengths people go to for a bit of stardawg ay lol . Joking aside is it worth a watch?

19 hours ago, Boojum said:

Sapphire and Steel :)

you must be as old as me boojum  was about 10 when that first aired

and  Joanna Lumley that young :wub: no wonder i had the odd twitch in the underwear dept lol 

53 minutes ago, r3d said:

you must be as old as me boojum  was about 10 when that first aired

and  Joanna Lumley that young :wub: no wonder i had the odd twitch in the underwear dept lol 

Think I was about 6 or 7 when it started, fell in love with Joanna Lumley and thought David McCallum was just so cool (thought Ilya Kuryakin was the cooler Man From UNCLE, much cooler than Napoleon Solo lol ). Shame he went on to that appalling right-wing American propaganda bag of shit NCIS :sadwalk:

• Like 1

Jesus Fuck, I've just started to watch a bit of Tiger King & I thought initially, nah its got to be something like a spoof trailer park boys but oh no its real, car crash tv at its most entertaining  lol

• Like 2

The whole first series of Spaced was on Channel 4 earlier. I caught the first episode while flicking through the channels :) watching series 2 now on the channel 4 streaming thingy. Still one of the best comedy shows ever made.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Boojum said:

The whole first series of Spaced was on Channel 4 earlier. I caught the first episode while flicking through the channels :) watching series 2 now on the channel 4 streaming thingy. Still one of the best comedy shows ever made.

Still my favourite out of all the stuff Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg have done

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Degsy said:

Still my favourite out of all the stuff Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg have done

Absolutely :yes:

And Jessica Hynes (née Stevenson), who co-wrote it with Simon Pegg. I feel sad that her career hasn't gone stratospheric like Pegg and Wright, cos it was as much her show :sadwalk:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Simon Pegg

i can't believe the huge interest the us has in him, he makes me cringe these days, and i can't see the talent anymore.

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i can't believe the huge interest the us has in him, he makes me cringe these days, and i can't see the talent anymore.

He was totally wrong for Scotty in the Star Trek reboot movies - he can actually do a halfway decent Scottish accent and that's just not what Scotty should be, Scotty should be shouting "I cannea hold her captain." in a comically bad accent, that was part of the show's charm lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Boojum said:

He was totally wrong for Scotty in the Star Trek reboot movies

don't forget his role in the terrible tom cruise film too! lol he looked out of place even in that shite lol

On 4/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, Nervous said:

High maintenance. HBO. Thank me later. 

the orignal tester series is no longer available on the streaming sites that was a bit strange then the 1st series came out they 

changed it slightly not sure if it made it any better or not . its alright i suppose 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ratdog said:

Everyone good goes to America and becomes shit. Jim Jefferies being the most awful example in recent memory.

never been a fan of Ricky Gervais but stumbled upon After Life on Netflix tonight and its really funny and also really sad

just binge watched season 1 :yep:

• Like 4