Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Some nice person subtitled a bunch of Korean shows if anyone fancies something a bit different. The Genius is as good as any show I've seen anywhere, I think S1 is on kshowsonline or dailymotion if downloading isn't an option.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2020 at 11:46 PM, JAPE said:

Gangs of london, sky Atlantic first episode was pretty decent.

:yep:

• Like 3

Something else that probably nobody on here will watch lol

The Last Dance . Doc about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls .

• Like 4

I watched the first episode before and thought it looked alright. My dad said it gets really good and few other mates said its decent. Just watched the first episode again of Gomorrah. Only just clicked on that sky on demand and seen there are a few series on there. Had it all this time but usually just flick through sky and most I use the box is to record. Didn't even know it would have whole series on there like that. Also got sopranos and the wire, both timeless classics. Gonna watch oz as well at some point. My dad watched it years ago I think it was on the channel bravo. Remember bits of it and seen clips on YouTube, looks different and like it'll be good.

• Like 1

@stummer  have you ever seen Underbelly  ?  its Aussie crime drama based on true facts & is well worth a try if you can find it  :pugwash:

• Like 1

Gangs of London is pretty mental, the fight scenes are very realistic in the way they are filmed...not something to watch before bed or if you have a dodgey ticker though... lol 

Farmer G 

• Like 2

brassic starts again for a 2nd series thursday on sky  :thumsup:

cant wait just like me,depressive bi-polar adhd etc.. and grow loads of weed 

and Michelle keegan  :wub: what a babe lol  

• Like 2

This afternoon I've been watching Quiz on the ITV streaming thingy, drama about the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire coughing mallarkey. I enjoyed it (and I'm not a fan of the show, I think I watched the very first one but never watched it since), Michael Sheen just IS Chris Tarrant - I'm not really into impersonators, tedious cunts like Alistair McGowan "Oh, look at me, I can do voices, aren't I clever." No cos that's all you can do and you do it all the fucking time, give it a rest, it's fucking boring :yawn: but Sheen a superb actor that can also nail the mannerisms of a real-life character and that's a different thing IMHO.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:48 PM, Degsy said:

Something else that probably nobody on here will watch lol

The Last Dance . Doc about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls .

This is fucking amazing. I remember Channel 4 used to show highlights and a whole NBA game on a saturday morning. I used to fucking live for it. Was about 11 or 12 at the time. This was way before I knew about the trainers. I can remember all the names of the stars. Jordan. Drechsler. Hakeem Olajuwarn. Armstrong. Patrick Ewing. John Starks. Sean Kemp. Reggie Miller. Charles Barkley. Loved the East Coast and West Coast leagues. Just a golden age for the sport. Amazing how those giants could move so gracefully and extra amazing when ou saw them next to normal tall people.

The documentary is amazing and just shows the spirit and drive behind conservative, capitalist America at that time. I love the way Jordan is un-apologetically an arsehole, albeit a super motivated one and the toll it takes being that famous. It's other worldly. I watched all the episodes on one day and stayed up too late last night before work watching the two they released yesterday.

I love it. It reminds of what I was thinking when I was 12.

I just saw the thread title and I was wondering if anyone would have been interested. Nice one @Degsy

Edited by Mestizo
  • Like 2

Not seen it but he was brilliant as Brian Clough in The Damned United and David Frost in Frost/Nixon, and although I wasn't sure when I heard he was cast cos it wasn't how I pictured the character in my head when I read the book I thought he was perfect as Aziraphale in the recent (excellent) TV adaptation of Good Omens :) 

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Michael Sheen is an awesome actor, and a very nice bloke. Not sure if any would have seen the production of "The Passion of Port Talbot" he did  the other year.

This is the final day of the Passion Play in Port Talbot 24/4/2011 with Michael Sheen & cast. A highly charged atmosphere & heart wrenching performance that went on late into the night. Apologies for the shaky camera work in places the crowd were moving so fast & I was an emotional wreck.

E2A;

Cheers :smokin:

Edited by Hiphip
  • Like 2

We've enjoyed the Westworld series so far and it's thought provoking stuff. I'd also recommend Nighty Night if you're looking for a laugh.

• Like 1