Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

As I remember it Green Wing went off the boil in later seasons . Remember when Mandela died and hundreds of  Mrs Brown fans complained to the Beeb because it postponed an episode to cover that instead ? Says it all really.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i'm pretty critical of absurdist comedy, like yourself i love the time sketch on the goons show, insanely absurd but very clever at the same time, so when people try doing absurdist comedy without the clever bit i just groan as it never works imho

Have you seen "The play that goes wrong"?

They did a series on BBC 1, still available on the iplayer, called "The Show that goes wrong" Enjoyable it is.

Cheers :smokin:

Edited by Hiphip
r

Just now, Hiphip said:

"The play that goes wong"

do they take it to asia? lol

no mate i haven't, i'll have a look later if i remember :)

• Like 1

Just remembered another Channel 4 comedy from around the same time as Green Wing (a couple of years earlier maybe). That also had Tamsin Greig in it.

I hope that we can all agree it was ace :)

Black Books :D

Bernard Black is my alter ego lol

• Like 3

a suggestion, i watched Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis on netflix the other night and was pretty impressed

i think i prefer stand up more than sitcoms tbh.

a sitcom i loved was 15 stories high with sean lock, very absurd indeed lol

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2020 at 10:34 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

midnight gospel on Netflix. The style is interesting. 

great when you are wasted lol

On 4/23/2020 at 4:36 PM, ratdog said:

a suggestion, i watched Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis on netflix the other night and was pretty impressed

i think i prefer stand up more than sitcoms tbh.

a sitcom i loved was 15 stories high with sean lock, very absurd indeed lol

Gonna give that Taylor Tomlinson a crack now.

Going by the opening credits I'd her her more than... Stop it Dodge! Old enough to be her dad ffs!!! lol

The amount of times per day I gotta remind myself of that shit lately is depressing 

2 hours ago, Degsy said:

Is it just me who thinks Ricky Gervais isn't that funny ?

Not seen any of his stand up stuff or got round to watching the office. Was some film I half watched where the comedy is in him telling the truth. Seems to be a theme he is running with as pretty much was the series after life. I found it funny in parts but was also some sadness in parts. Was decent enough that I will watch the second series @Dodgee cheers for reminding me mate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Degsy said:

Is it just me who thinks Ricky Gervais isn't that funny ?

I hated the office/extras and that other one he did which I forget the name of. The kids mum used to live them and watched them endlessly but not for me like..

Afterlife I actually quite enjoyed and some of his stand up is quite good too I think.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I couldn't get through the office, but the American version was a win for me. I do like the dry sense of humour afterlife provides too

Bosch is great, well at least the first few seasons were but i just haven't found the time to continue, its been a while so would probably have to start from the beginning again 

Brassic on sky is a fun watch, features that tall skinny guy from the this is england series, sort of comedy/drama set in Lancashire.  Looks to be getting a second season out soon too.