Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just starting season 3 of Line of Duty. Fair fuck's, it's superb. I'd just avoided it cos there's so much fucking dross on telly (especially in the 'cop show' genre, so much fucking lazy writing), really glad I listened to the folks here that said it was good and gave it a look :):yep:

• Like 1

Guest dill786

been watching " Vietnam" on netflix,, fucking superb learnt so much i didn't know previously..

the viet com damn them little guys could fight,

'Tales From the Loop' was a really interesting collection of images I came across a few years ago (I never got the book in end, but will one day) and now Amazon have made a series out of it.

Starting off a bit slow, but I'm hoping it gets better. The images really got the mind going.

Obviously, for those with principals, better stolen than watched on Amazon (KODI, Exodus Redux - use a vpn)

ETA

Actually, scrub that based on the first one... Blah. Just get the book/look at the pictures, and choose your own adventure, is now my position.

Too dark too. Lighting, motherfuckers, lighting. *shakes fist*

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

Just watched first episode of that tiger king on Netflix. Had seen that exotic Joe fella before and the doc guy. Seen plenty of memes going around online but only seen the first episode. Got me sat here thinking free Joe exotic. I'm not gonna say I'm for animals being kept in cages but the animals rights person is doing the same shit and her set up actually looks worse. They let people in and milk ticket sales no different than say London zoo, to pay for the up keep. Would it be better if animals lived out in the wild as nature intended 100%. If these places though can help raise awareness then think people should focus more on those stopping that. Like I say only seen the first episode and he may wind up being a right cunt. I do think his a bit out there but his a character. Not seen any animal abuse so far other than being kept in cages. I'm not for that but I understand it. His speech at a school about kids don't do drugs because your teeth will fall out and have no friends had me in tears lol .

On 4/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, dill786 said:

been watching " Vietnam" on netflix,, fucking superb learnt so much i didn't know previously..

the viet com damn them little guys could fight,

The Ken Burns documentary or something else ?

On 30/03/2020 at 11:44 AM, stu914 said:

new series of "Friday Night Dinner" is a winner.

I love this series as its the only one I watch with the kids. We have a weekly meet up on the sofa and watch it together while enjoying "a lovely bit of squirrel"

we don't watch TV generally as were a house full of gamers so this has a special place for me

• Like 1

Just mentioning a few I've liked that have probably been flagged already but just in case..

Godfather of Harlem...Black gangsters trying to crawl out from under the Mafia...no idea how historically accurate it is but it's a great watch.

MrInbetween....Australian hitman and his normal humdrum life juxtaposed with the extreme violence of his job...truly excellent.

Happy!  ...Ex cop starts to see his daughters imaginary friend,a flying unicorn...funny as fuck,puerile as hell,make sure you are stoned to the bone for this one.

:hippy:

Gumbo.

• Like 2

Watching Black Monday. 

Don Cheadle, one of my favourite actors

had me in tears. Fucking hilarious this one. I absolutely love it. 

4 hours ago, kal17117 said:

Watching Black Monday. 

Don Cheadle, one of my favourite actors

had me in tears. Fucking hilarious this one. I absolutely love it. 

Not seen that yet. Don Cheadle is a decent actor, but his accent in Ocean's 11 is a crime against cinema, it may even challenge Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins (or as he says it Muree Parpins) as the worst attempt at a cockernee accent ever lol

I'm up to season 4 of Line of Duty and still loving it (though I think the conclusion to season 3 stretched credibility to the limit of my willing suspension of disbelief). Thandie Newton is still gorgeous :wub:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Not seen that yet. Don Cheadle is a decent actor, but his accent in Ocean's 11 is a crime against cinema, it may even challenge Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins (or as he says it Muree Parpins) as the worst attempt at a cockernee accent ever lol

I'm up to season 4 of Line of Duty and still loving it (though I think the conclusion to season 3 stretched credibility to the limit of my willing suspension of disbelief). Thandie Newton is still gorgeous :wub:

Did you read my review of Ocean's Eleven in the movie thread ?  lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Did you read my review of Ocean's Eleven in the movie thread ?  lol

Aye man, one of the reasons I mentioned it, thought it would amuse you :) E2A And anyone else that's seen it and been utterly gobsmacked that they actually left it in the movie lol I mean there's self-indulgence and then there's just plain taking the piss lol

Edited by Boojum

6 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Aye man, one of the reasons I mentioned it, thought it would amuse you :) E2A And anyone else that's seen it and been utterly gobsmacked that they actually left it in the movie lol I mean there's self-indulgence and then there's just plain taking the piss lol

Yeah I'm amazed somebody didn't just say there's no way we can keep this in the film. I don't even see what it adds , just let him use his own accent or if you really really need a British

accent , I don't know , maybe get a British actor

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I'm on episode 3 of series 5 

Can't believe I never caught it when it was on the TV 

But if Hastings turns out to be H then it's all been a load of bollocks imo 

No spoilers please 

21 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Yeah I'm amazed somebody didn't just say there's no way we can keep this in the film. I don't even see what it adds , just let him use his own accent or if you really really need a British

accent , I don't know , maybe get a British actor

I think they left it in cos it was a marketing decision - the British market actually isn't that big, compared to the US market and a big name like Don Cheadle will have brought in more American punters than a fucking terrible accent will have put off British punters. Americans don't seem to know what accents outside the US sound like (especially Irish and Scottish ones, Cheadle's cockernee may have been bad but it pales into insignificance compared to some of the Irish and Scottish accents that have been and still are perpetrated by American actors in movies and TV shows :ouch: ).

• Like 2