Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

the f1 grand prix doco on netflix is well worth a watch. I'm not even an f1 fan and wouldn't dream of ever watching it live but i was hooked for both seasons, on that basis i should really give the cricket one a go

• Like 1

The letter for the king - YA swords and sorcery based on the Dutch language equivalent of the Hobbit. Highly recommended if you like that sort of thing.

• Like 1

large.Capture.JPG

Netflix latest offering. Just about to give it a go. Looks pretty crazy, had some good reviews. True crime documentary so right up my street :yep: 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 11:33 PM, Hiphip said:

We are now trying to decypher "Inside number 9" again lol

Cheers :smokin:

On 3/5/2020 at 11:44 AM, Degsy said:

Oh yeah , just started watching this now for some reason , missed out on it

Just started watching it too, dunno how I missed it either (cos I loved The League of Gentlemen). Just watched episode 2 of the first series and there's just a sublime bit of visual comedy involving a dog, a trail of breadcrumbs and a sliding glass door that literally made me spit a mouthful of cider all over myself, just a genius visual gag :D

• Like 1

lol I'm cidered up. Watching episode 3 and just thinking (I'm sure I've posted this before when drunk, cos it's summat I've thought about a lot) that there's a similarity between comedy and horror - short story kinda horror (my favourite kind). You set up a situation and then twist it - if you twist it one way you've got a joke, if you twist it the other way you've got a horror story. Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton really understand that, they get that place where the twist is and can twist it so it goes both ways at the same time :)

• Like 3

I tell you who understands that horror/comedy twist too - Chris Morris. I loved The Day Today and Brass Eye, love everything he's done really, but I thought Jam was just twisted genius. Funny, scary, weird - is it a comedy show or is it a bad trip ? lol

On 3/25/2020 at 0:53 PM, Poisonata said:

large.Capture.JPG

Netflix latest offering. Just about to give it a go. Looks pretty crazy, had some good reviews. True crime documentary so right up my street :yep: 

i'm about half way through it, quite enjoyable so far and hard to work out who the bad guy is apart from the horrible breeding of tigers bit...

• Like 1

watched it last week and thought it was crazy 

Just when you think it can't get any more crazy it does 

Thoroughly enjoyed it and yes I think carol Baskin killed her husband and fed him to the Tigers  

Edited by Rufus Brown
  • Like 1

Just started watching Line of Duty. Cop shows generally aren't my thing, but seems like folks rated this and the fact that the police refused to be involved as 'consultants' (though apparently a few ex-police did offer advice off the record) is always a good sign.

• Like 3

This is exceptionally good. I've watched series 1, series 2 just released and it's equally as good. True story also

large.Capture.JPG

Highly recommended :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Boojum said:

Just started watching Line of Duty. Cop shows generally aren't my thing,

Mine neither but this portrays the plods in a very unflattering light. I'm up to  season 4, LoD stands up well to any American box set. You can find yourself transfixed - the interview scene at the end of the the final episode of season 3 will have you stuck to the screen.

Good serious performance from Neil Morrissey as a world weary old cop about to retire.

• Like 3

Ye Line of Duty is top notch, all 5 series so far :yep:

Just to throw it out but every single episode of prisoner Cell Block H is on Youtube :toot:

Cheers :smokin:

First episode new series of "Friday Night Dinner" is a winner...very often later series of the same programme fail to live up to the earlier ones...this doesn't...

If you haven't seen it before and fancy a laugh, give it a go...:yep:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stu914 said:

First episode new series of "Friday Night Dinner" is a winner...very often later series of the same programme fail to live up to the earlier ones...this doesn't...

If you haven't seen it before and fancy a laugh, give it a go...:yep:

Milson lol

• Like 1